Re new 35 1.5 TFSI Engines

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Q2Blue

Re: Re new 35 1.5 TFSI Engines

Post by Q2Blue » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:08 pm

I’ve booked the car in for a week of tests. Interestingly there was no info about the problem on Audi’s systems. Also I was told that they do not pay any attention to any fora. So as far as that Audi dealer is concerned there is not a general issue. The car is going in at the end of July, I’ll post when I know what happened.
Last edited by Q2Blue on Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 1.5 tfsi 35 sline automatic Ara blue, tech pack, comfort pack, virtual cockpit, dual AC, rear camera, park assist.

JWR1

Post by JWR1 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:55 am

Just joined this forum with interest as i bought my Q2 1.5TFSI manual 1st week in May. I have had the same problem since new with the kangaroo jumps and the car dying when pulling away. I have been back and forth between Dealer/Audi UK and Audi Finance with no satisfaction as yet. Audi UK are saying that a fix is being worked on 'with utmost urgency' and is now expected to be available by end of year! Is this a reasonable length of time to have to wait while driving a car in what could be classed as unsafe? Lets hope all cars have been recalled and put right before the first accidents start being reported.

Delstron

Post by Delstron » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:43 pm

At least two on here have rejected their cars with this problem (read back). Don’t wait for something that may never arrive. Rejection rights do not last forever

andy.h

Post by andy.h » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:28 pm

JWR1 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:55 am
Just joined this forum with interest as i bought my Q2 1.5TFSI manual 1st week in May. I have had the same problem since new with the kangaroo jumps and the car dying when pulling away. I have been back and forth between Dealer/Audi UK and Audi Finance with no satisfaction as yet. Audi UK are saying that a fix is being worked on 'with utmost urgency' and is now expected to be available by end of year! Is this a reasonable length of time to have to wait while driving a car in what could be classed as unsafe? Lets hope all cars have been recalled and put right before the first accidents start being reported.

I'm not sure about them doing it with 'the utmost urgency', the problem has been being reported since the beginning of the year and they are saying the update is expected to be available by the end of the year. It is even stranger when VW and Skoda have already released updates for their cars that use this engine.
2019 Audi Q2 Black Edition, 35 TFSI, S tronic, Tango Red with 5 Arm Rotor Wheels.

Shaker

Post by Shaker » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:09 am

I bought my Q2 in January. I’ve had Audi assist out 3 times and it has been into Lake District Audi several times all to no avail.
Audi UK customer services were absolutely useless.
I wrote to the MD. His PS rang and offered her apologies etc. In the end I said I was rejecting the car as I was getting nowhere. Audi were very careful not to admit culpability.
I was told the decision would be down to the dealer..... I was rung back the following week to be told that whatever decision the dealer made that Audi UK would not back a decision to reject the car. I said I wanted to appeal and was told to contact the Motor Ombudsman. . This I did immediately. I have an acknowledgment from them but nothing else and a week has passed.
For good measure I have written to BBC Watchdog.
To say this is dreadful customer service is an understatement. Having said that if about 1000 cars are the same as mine, at near £30000 that’s an awful lot of money Audi don’t want to pay out.

Bugsy000

Post by Bugsy000 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:57 pm

I have a 35 TFSI which I purchased 8 weeks ago. It is manual trans and has now done 2000 miles. apart from a little hesitation on the day of pick up ( which I put down to nerves on my part) it has behaved impeccably. No kangarooing, a very pleasing 47-48 mpg and I am very pleased with the car--probably the best I have ever owned. I do feel for people who are having problems but I wonder how many owners who like myself are completely satisfied have bothered to post to that effect on the forum.

Delstron

Post by Delstron » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:40 pm

Shaker
Both Karen and SimonS on here have rejected and recieved refunds within a week or two. If you have the issues reported in this thread (kangerooing or hesitation etc) then you need to do the following -

a) Write to the dealer detailing the issues experienced. If the issues are dangerous then make this point. Say you are formally rejecting the car and require a refund.

b) The dealer will want to satisfy himself that the issues are real and will ask you to demonstrate the problem to them. Co-operate with this exercise and get the dealer to accept the faults are real.

c) be polite and firm. The dealer will exploit any sign of weakness as he will not want a used car on his hands that he may not sell on.

d) if the car is truly dangerous, insist on a loan car, this will concentrate their minds somewhat.

January is a long time in terms of rejection, check the legal position, I think you may be past the date for 100% refund.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:52 am

Delstron wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:40 pm
Shaker
Both Karen and SimonS on here have rejected and recieved refunds within a week or two. If you have the issues reported in this thread (kangerooing or hesitation etc) then you need to do the following -

c) be polite and firm. The dealer will exploit any sign of weakness as he will not want a used car on his hands that he may not sell on.
Hi again, SimonS here ...

You would think that these rejected vehicles with potentially dangerous faults would be quarantined until a fix was available but it seems not.

My rejected Q2 was subsequently displayed as a used vehicle on the dealer's website for a few weeks, and now appears to have been sold on. Hopefully the new owner is enjoying it more than I did, and hopefully they have not been a victim of the cutting out at junctions, which happened four times during the short time that my wife and I drove it. When I rejected it, the dealer said that an update was expected within the "next few days" but it looks like that was optimistic judging by more recent posts here and elsewhere.

Good luck with your rejection!

Delstron

Post by Delstron » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:06 pm

Hi SimonS
Imagine the scenario where your car was sold on and new owners were badly injured in a cut-out situation on a traffic island. If you were traced and the story revealed then the damages (with a good lawyer), or out of court settlement, could run to millions. Don’t know if you have ever put the reg online so it could be found.

It’s criminal really and potentially great Watchdog material.

I had to make a decision early on wether to pursue rejection. I decided against as the issue, whilst noticeable at setting off, can be overcome with increased revs. I do notice that I now have to change this habit when jumping into my wife’s Ateca.

I had a towbar fitted some weeks ago, using the proper wiring kit and reprogramming. Noticed straight away that when towing the issues are totally absent and the car behaves as it should. I assume that when a load is connected some change in “pulling away” fuel metering takes place. This would indicate that if you were to fit a dummy trailer plug with the required dummy resistors to simulate the trailer wiring the car would be fine. Might try it to see the impact on consumption. Mine returns a very consistent 44mpg, 48 if any long trips are carried out.

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:27 pm

Delstron wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:06 pm
Hi SimonS
Imagine the scenario where your car was sold on and new owners were badly injured in a cut-out situation on a traffic island. If you were traced and the story revealed then the damages (with a good lawyer), or out of court settlement, could run to millions. Don’t know if you have ever put the reg online so it could be found.

It’s criminal really and potentially great Watchdog material.
Hi again,

No I haven't put the reg number online. But if the new owner contacted me I would me more than happy to tell them how the vehicle came to be on sale with 1249 miles on the clock and one private owner on the registration document, which would look rather suspicious I'd have thought.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”