Q2 2020 parking senors

All Audi Q2 related discussions
ormesome

Re: Q2 2020 parking senors

Post by ormesome » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:36 pm

Just got the Carista Beta option. Strangely enough there is no subwoofer option in my menu. Gonna play around more tomorrow but the photo that shows all the nav options and subwoofer you posted doesn’t show on mine. Weird.
Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic

Geh2020

Post by Geh2020 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:38 am

Hi,

I had this where one time the options were on the Carista menu, and the next time I plugged it in they had disappeared! I emailed Carista who suggested I open the bonnet and run the engine before starting the app. Didn’t make any difference, but weirdly the following day it worked fine and the options appeared. The visual display still didn’t work, so fed that back, and a few days later updated beta arrived. Tried that and the visual display wasn’t on the menu even after trying the open bonnet method. Guess we will have to wait until they have done further development.
2020 Q2 35 tfsi Black Edition s-tronic, Mythos Black and climate control.

Mods so far using Carista, needle sweep on startup.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:03 am

Geh2020 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:38 am
Hi,

I had this where one time the options were on the Carista menu, and the next time I plugged it in they had disappeared! I emailed Carista who suggested I open the bonnet and run the engine before starting the app. Didn’t make any difference, but weirdly the following day it worked fine and the options appeared. The visual display still didn’t work, so fed that back, and a few days later updated beta arrived. Tried that and the visual display wasn’t on the menu even after trying the open bonnet method. Guess we will have to wait until they have done further development.
Very strange. I guess they seek feedback for if it works and if it doesn’t then they modify it and then re-add it to the options. Anyway, some cool stuff on the app, added the G-meter to the virtual cockpit, not much use but a bit of fun! I selected the “add scroll/blink to indicators” and that messed up my dynamic rear indicators so turned that off immediately. Oh and the start stop button light pulse works well. Can’t think of others that are working well.

Actually, my reverse mirror dip now no longer works. Was fine without Beta.
Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic

Raul_sbd

Post by Raul_sbd » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:07 pm

Pity the mmi parking sensor display still doesn’t work.. hopefully carisma come up with something soon.
What other fancy moods have you activate successfully? Start stop deactivation maybe? Any vc different customisation apart of the rs line Vc?

Many Thanks

Geh2020

Post by Geh2020 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:17 am

Hi,

After a few updates, and exchange of emails with Carista, it looks like the visual display for the rear park sensors can’t be enabled on my particular car. It would be useful if a member of an earlier model of the Q2 can try the beta software to see if that works as that may help with any future development of the software.

One thought would be if this works using the VCDS software, so if anyone has access to that and can activate the visual parking display, please let me know,

Also worth noting when setting up is that I opened the bonnet of the car first, plugged in Carista, turned the ignition on, then started the app on my iPad.

Good luck
2020 Q2 35 tfsi Black Edition s-tronic, Mythos Black and climate control.

Mods so far using Carista, needle sweep on startup.