First service

All Audi Q2 related discussions
mr c

First service

Post by mr c » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:27 am

Had my first service the other day a week early in case the shutdown spread to garages as well,
fortunately it was free part of the service package but they tried to recoup this money from me when I said I assume you will be updating the sat nav? to which the reply was no but we can do it for three hundred pounds to which I replied no thank you this was after I picked myself off the ground :lol:

ormesome

Re: First service

Post by ormesome » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:05 pm

Standard price mate if you don't have the 3yr free update package that comes with the Tech pack and VC. You should get in touch with Alex through VAG Car Coding. He can do an unofficial update for 75pounds. He is licenced modifier so all come with warranty etc... I plan on doing this and getting a rearview camera soon when I'm back in the UK.
Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic

mr c

Post by mr c » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:36 pm

Are cheers thanks for that, other cars we have had have been done for free or my Alpha I can do it myself.
Probably won’t bother as we will probably change it in 18 months time, don’t do a lot of mileage that needs a sat nav and what does we can get buy with it.

MickyD

Post by MickyD » Thu May 28, 2020 11:58 am

My 2018 Q2 is due for its first service and I’m booked in two weeks with the dealership where I bought it. I didn’t get the service pack and I’ve been quoted £323, for what is effectively an oil and filter change! ... oh and a comprehensive check! Is this price about right?
Should I ring around?
Thanks in advance.

Geh2020

Post by Geh2020 » Thu May 28, 2020 12:48 pm

Hi,

I purchased the Audi Complete service and maintenance package over three years as that worked out a very good deal. I made sure my car is on the fixed service setting so I get the three services. The cost is mileage based, so in my case, that’s 10,000 a year and I pay £20 per month over the three years and get two minor and one major service, brake fluid change, a/c service, discs and pads, wipers and even key batteries. It also covers repairs to electrical and mechanical parts, but these are already covered under the warranty. I worked it out that the servicing alone on the car over three years was heading towards £1000 based on today’s cost, so this package worked for me. The dealer can easily quote based on mileage so worth looking at.
2020 Q2 35 tfsi Black Edition s-tronic, Mythos Black and climate control.

Mods so far using Carista, needle sweep on startup.

testcard

Post by testcard » Thu May 28, 2020 12:50 pm

You should definitely ring around other dealers for quotes, and then go back to your original dealer and see if they are prepared to come down on the price - it’s definitely worth haggling. When I bought my Q2 I really wasn’t sure about the service plan on offer - £349 for the first three services - but in retrospect I’m glad I took it.
2019 Audi Q2 S line, 35 TFSI. Daytona grey.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Thu May 28, 2020 12:55 pm

Geh2020 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:48 pm
Hi,

I purchased the Audi Complete service and maintenance package over three years as that worked out a very good deal. I made sure my car is on the fixed service setting so I get the three services. The cost is mileage based, so in my case, that’s 10,000 a year and I pay £20 per month over the three years and get two minor and one major service, brake fluid change, a/c service, discs and pads, wipers and even key batteries. It also covers repairs to electrical and mechanical parts, but these are already covered under the warranty. I worked it out that the servicing alone on the car over three years was heading towards £1000 based on today’s cost, so this package worked for me. The dealer can easily quote based on mileage so worth looking at.
That’s a very good price for the UK. One thing to worth bearing in mind is the Quattro system gets serviced at 3yrs too so I hope that is also included.

Also, are you sure that it includes new discs and pads? In Switzerland we have a thing called the Swiss package which includes free servicing & warranty for 10yrs. Everything is included apart from discs and pads!!

Anyway, back to the topic, if you search around you might get a cheaper price but make sure it’s Audi approved, you dont want to invalidate your warranty.

Geh2020

Post by Geh2020 » Thu May 28, 2020 1:36 pm

Hi,

I’ve checked as there are a few other items as well as shown on the link below. Be interested to know the cost of your ten year package, especially as your costs are usually astronomical compared with the UK.

https://customer.vwfs.co.uk/content/dam ... 0Guide.pdf

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Thu May 28, 2020 3:18 pm

Geh2020 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:36 pm
Hi,

I’ve checked as there are a few other items as well as shown on the link below. Be interested to know the cost of your ten year package, especially as your costs are usually astronomical compared with the UK.

https://customer.vwfs.co.uk/content/dam ... 0Guide.pdf
Unsure of cost mate, these things are just included here. Bear in mind my Q2 cost 60k chf though which is around £50k. It is a first edition though with 190bhp and Quattro etc but I could get an RSQ3 with that or an SQ2 with around £10K change in the U.K.! Anyway, I think the advice of shopping around for servicing is a good shout, Audi sometimes price match so worth trying that too if you want to keep it within Audi.

Just looked at your policy, very good. Not heard of that in The U.K. at Audi. Iv seen unoficial dealer plans but nothing so comprehensive. I think mine is much like the higher option on the scale except I don’t have tyre cover.

Geh2020

Post by Geh2020 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:35 pm

Hi,

When I purchased the Q2, this was the first time I was told about Audi Complete as usually the dealer offers their own service plan like you say. The official Audi one has the advantage that I go to any Audi dealer to get the work done.