Extended Warranty

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Alanmelon

Extended Warranty

Post by Alanmelon » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:52 pm

I've just had an email inviting me to purchase the Audi extended warranty as my Q2 (23000 miles) is now three years old. I just wondered whether others thought this is worth it for what it covers? Seems to be quite a few exclusions, see attached.

Screenshot_20200621-134845_Drive.jpg

I'm a fairly risk averse person so quite happy to buy this but what are the chances of any covered item failing?

Geh2020

Re: Extended Warranty

Post by Geh2020 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:48 pm

Hi,

All the extended warranties sold by the manufacturer, or third party have exclusions, and unfortunately you never know how the insurance company will react until you make a claim. Having looked into this before, I was surprised that the Audi warranty wasn’t that much more expensive than companies like WarrantyDirect, WarrantyWise or MotorEasy. Personally I would go for the Audi warranty, as at least you have the backing of Audi. Also worth looking at the two year option if that’s available, particularly if you plan to keep the car. And ask for a discount, as you never know there may be an offer on the table for the two year option.

Good luck.
2020 Q2 35 tfsi Black Edition s-tronic, Mythos Black and climate control.

Mods so far using Carista, needle sweep on startup.

richii

Post by richii » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:13 pm

A couple of questions:

As your car is almost out of the initial warranty, have Audi performed an 'end of warranty' check? I think I read about this somewhere - not sure if it's something you have to initiate or your dealer contacts you just before the three year period?

Do you mind if I ask how much the Audi quote was?
Audi Q2 2.0 TFSI Quattro S Line 190bhp, S-Tronic, Tech Pack, Comfort & Sound Pack, Adaptive Cruise Control, Side Assist, Park Assist

Alanmelon

Post by Alanmelon » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:24 pm

richii wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:13 pm
A couple of questions:

As your car is almost out of the initial warranty, have Audi performed an 'end of warranty' check? I think I read about this somewhere - not sure if it's something you have to initiate or your dealer contacts you just before the three year period?

Do you mind if I ask how much the Audi quote was?
I've not heard about the end of warranty check but could phone the dealer to ask.
The price ranges depending on whether you want comprehensive cover or limited to certain components and how much excess you want. Ranges from £194 with high excess to £335 max with full cover and no excess.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:16 pm

My experiences from when I had an A3, read to the end. The piece of the Audi extended warranty is sensitive to you taking it out in the final month before expiry, if you do it before or after then the price doubles.

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/a ... tf.307569/
Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic

Alanmelon

Post by Alanmelon » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:21 pm

Thanks for the reply. I'm in that last month now so compared to some it looks like the price is quite reasonable.

richii

Post by richii » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:18 pm

Thanks ormesome for that detailed thread, that's really helpful.

Alanmelon - here is one dealer that mentions the end of warranty check so it might be worth checking with your local dealer: https://www.john-clark.co.uk/audi/servi ... nty-check/
Having your vehicle checked within eight weeks of the third birthday will enable any warrantable problems to be identified and rectified before the cover expires.
Audi Q2 2.0 TFSI Quattro S Line 190bhp, S-Tronic, Tech Pack, Comfort & Sound Pack, Adaptive Cruise Control, Side Assist, Park Assist