July 2020 Delivery

All Audi Q2 related discussions
_DA118

July 2020 Delivery

Post by _DA118 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:18 pm

Does anyone know anything about shipping/ Transport times? New Q2 on the way- was told today that car is now on ship. Does anyone know roughly how long these things take, especially now? I’m in Scotland so not sure which port the car will be shipped to! Any advice would be great :D

Kraken

Re: July 2020 Delivery

Post by Kraken » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:59 pm

My dealer told me that once the cars "land" in the UK, the transport company has two weeks to get the car to the dealership, who then have to do their PDI checks prior to delivery.

There are 3 ports of entry for the UK, Sheerness, Grimsby & Tyne. As the OP's car is heading for Scotland, it's 99% likely it will enter the UK via Tyne.

My Q2 "landed" at Grimsby on 27th December last (this was the day it showed as being on the boat on the Audi order tracker). The transport order was raised on the 28th December & gave the transport company until 10th January to get it to the dealer (Hereford). I guess they got an extra day or two due to the New Year break. The car was on a lorry on the 8th January & the dealer got it on the 9th. I took delivery on the 13th.

Hope this helps & gives some indication of likely timescales once the car hits the UK.

_DA118

Re: July 2020 Delivery

Post by _DA118 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:51 am

Kraken wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:59 pm
My dealer told me that once the cars "land" in the UK, the transport company has two weeks to get the car to the dealership, who then have to do their PDI checks prior to delivery.

There are 3 ports of entry for the UK, Sheerness, Grimsby & Tyne. As the OP's car is heading for Scotland, it's 99% likely it will enter the UK via Tyne.

My Q2 "landed" at Grimsby on 27th December last (this was the day it showed as being on the boat on the Audi order tracker). The transport order was raised on the 28th December & gave the transport company until 10th January to get it to the dealer (Hereford). I guess they got an extra day or two due to the New Year break. The car was on a lorry on the 8th January & the dealer got it on the 9th. I took delivery on the 13th.

Hope this helps & gives some indication of likely timescales once the car hits the UK.

Thank you!!

I’ve done some digging and found out that it’s coming into Sheerness, tomorrow morning. Hopefully won’t be too long until it’s transported but From what I’ve heard there’s no telling whether it’ll be at the start of the two weeks or the end for cars to be transported, so keeping my fingers crossed lol.