Audi Servicing

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Andrew72

Audi Servicing

Post by Andrew72 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:40 pm

Hi.
I am due to pick up my Audi Q2 on Friday.
 I have a query about the servicing. 
I want to use an independent garage to service the car, when it's service is due. 
The mechanic that I use, will use all genuine Audi parts. 
I have been told that this will not invalidate the warranty. 
I've been told that a database will need to be updated. Will my mechanic be able to do this or can I provide invoices to show at a local audi dealership and ask them to update the database? 

IanQ2

Re: Audi Servicing

Post by IanQ2 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:53 am

as per my comment on Facebook the garage needs to be registered with Erwin, an easy process and free to record details, to maintain the digital service record. Once registered you input the details using your VIN following the service, it asks a few specific questions but is simple enough to do. One of the strangest queries it asks is the expiry date on the tyre foam cannister! From memory the log can only be backdated 2 weeks so make sure they update when its finished and don't forget. You can then print out the log to keep with your invoices etc.

As long as genuine parts are used and the service schedule is followed then warranty is maintained.

I would be surprised if Audi will update the log as this would suggest they have carried out the work when they haven't.

mr c

Post by mr c » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:03 pm

One thing you might bare in mind that I was told if you have it on a lease or PCP you must use Audi but thar wasn’t Audi telling me it was a mate who has one on his Merc sonI assume they told him that

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:12 pm

From what I know and from reading about it online, a non-Audi garage has to pay to gain access to register the servicing done outside of the official Audi network.

You CAN use ANY garage as long as they use GENUINE AUDI PARTS. This is regardless if you are on PCP, HP or own the car outright. Keep receipts to prove it, don't get your mate down the road to do it. Has to be a proper garage.

To be honest, for peace of mind just use Audi, its not that much more expensive, you know your warranty will always be intact and you will always have things like goodwill gestures if things go wrong outside of warranty, which will NOT happen if you are even hours outside warranty if you have used a non-audi garage.

You already have 3 differing answers here on this thread, why not just ask the garage outright??!!
Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic

IanQ2

Post by IanQ2 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:35 pm

ormesome wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:12 pm
From what I know and from reading about it online, a non-Audi garage has to pay to gain access to register the servicing done outside of the official Audi network.
Its free to record service details on Erwin.

I have used it a few times, my friend runs a garage and we service my car.

I have contacted Audi direct to get the service schedule and the official stance on servicing and maintaining warranty. My post is accurate and confirmed by Audi.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:56 pm

IanQ2 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:35 pm
ormesome wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:12 pm
Its free to record service details on Erwin.

I have used it a few times, my friend runs a garage and we service my car.

I have contacted Audi direct to get the service schedule and the official stance on servicing and maintaining warranty. My post is accurate and confirmed by Audi.
How is it free when it states the fees in the photo below on the VW part the Erwin website? Also the following link states that "info only" is free:

https://erwin.audi.com/erwin/showInfoTour.do

Erwin website states:

"For vehicles that have a Digital Service Schedule, registered companies can make entries via the system"

Also, no need to reach out to Audi to confirm re: servicing and warranty. Its on their website:

"To ensure your warranty is valid, you simply need to service your Audi according to our recommendations and keep to any mileage limitation set"

Servicing schedule is in Settings via the cars MMi or via MyAudi.

Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 15.45.10.png

IanQ2

Post by IanQ2 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:32 pm

The section you are referring to isn't where/how you record digital service schedule, you pay the flat rate to look at workshop manual/wiring diagrams etc.

To record the digital service schedule you products and services tab then digital service schedule, then add your vin, open the digital service schedule then you create a maintenance table.

I have actually used this, I'm not just 'guessing' here.

If I had your VIN I can pull all of the service details up, dates, mileage, who did it etc

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:03 pm

IanQ2 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:32 pm
The section you are referring to isn't where/how you record digital service schedule, you pay the flat rate to look at workshop manual/wiring diagrams etc.

To record the digital service schedule you products and services tab then digital service schedule, then add your vin, open the digital service schedule then you create a maintenance table.

I have actually used this, I'm not just 'guessing' here.

If I had your VIN I can pull all of the service details up, dates, mileage, who did it etc
Photo attached. I understand what you are saying, but I suspect you are using a service that the company you use has paid for. I have just registered and I am not allowed to update online servicing, it is only for registered companies which then requires a payment. Happy to be proved wrong, but would just like to know as I have always been told there is a fee for garages to update the online service record.

47EDB963-7BA0-4B67-AC92-FE079BAC7740.jpeg

IanQ2

Post by IanQ2 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:20 pm

No we have never had to pay, I have set it all up for my friend, he is more mechanically minded and leaves this stuff to me.

Are you registered as an individual or a company?

IanQ2

Post by IanQ2 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:33 pm

I have just logged in under my personal account and the option is not there to enter service details.

You must be logged in as a company to register service details and it definitely doesn't cost us anything to do this. I have just registered my last service today with no cost.

It cost nothing to register the company also.