Size of wheel nut covers

All Audi Q2 related discussions
mr c

Size of wheel nut covers

Post by mr c » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:43 am

Hi guys anyone know the size of the black wheel nut covers? I assume all Audi’s aren’t the same? over the last two years I have lost four one on each wheel and all are the locking wheel nut so obviously not a tight fit compared to the standard nut.

winslow990

Re: Size of wheel nut covers

Post by winslow990 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:51 pm

Hi I had the issue of losing them on my SQ2 when it was fairly new. Both locking nuts and ordinary nuts.
They were definitely falling off not being nicked. I could not be bothered driving to the dealer so I bought a full set on Ebay
from an Audi dealer (JCT600) .
I would recommend you change them all as i think they are of variable fit/quality.
My new set certainly fit better and i have not lost any in 18 months, they also look better as i put the darker grey/silver ones on.
From memory they were about £18.00 for a full set including the puller to get them off.
Size wise I think they are all the same on most if not all Audis.
I just messaged the seller to tell him what car I had.

mr c

Post by mr c » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:17 pm

Hi thanks,
There not all the same size for sure as my first port of call was on EBay, I had the car picked up today from Audi Cardiff for a service and the guy who picked up on it before he set of with the car.
I did know to be fair, but was very impressed by there level of service, they sent me a walk through video when the car was on the ramp showing tyre treads, shocks and ball joints all good but with 15,000 miles it’s what you would expect really.
They also cleaned inside and out something the Merc franchise next door weren’t doing using Covid as an excuse, the driver on his return wiped down the interior and the key with sanitizer but they also quoted me £5.20 for the four missing caps which is cheaper than I found on EBay so all’s good thanks anyway 👍

Geh2020

Post by Geh2020 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:59 pm

I have just bought some from my local Audi dealer as they were cheaper than those I saw on eBay that they claim are originals! Cost £5.50 for 3 wheel nut covers and one wheel locking nut cover.
2020 Q2 35 tfsi Black Edition s-tronic, Mythos Black and climate control.

Mods so far using Carista, needle sweep on startup.