Audi Q2 Steering wheel Gear Paddles fitting post sale.

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Waverunner

Audi Q2 Steering wheel Gear Paddles fitting post sale.

Post by Waverunner » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:00 pm

The car is an used Audi Q2 June 2019 , Model 35 1.5 tfsi admired S-Tronic. is it possible to have the gear change steering wheel command paddles/ levers fitted on this model, I am buying it used and as it comes, it only has the normal automatic gear change lever in the centre console.
Any help appreciated. Christopher

IanQ2

Re: Audi Q2 Steering wheel Gear Paddles fitting post sale.

Post by IanQ2 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:03 pm

Anything is possible, it just depends on how much you are prepared to spend to make it happen.

You may find that the paddle wheel will work with no changes to the electronic steering column module, however you may find you need to upgrade this to a different version which is designed for the paddle wheel.

I have a S-Tronic with paddes and never use the paddles!

mr c

Post by mr c » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:55 am

I am another one who never uses the paddle shift, when we got the car I was chuffed that I had them soon wore off.
I have also read that in sport mode the auto will change quicker than we are able to do so for me wouldn’t waste my money, I paid nine hundred pound for a rear view camera to be fitted the proper Audi one were about to change the car next week no added value on the part ex price so wish I hadn’t bothered with that either, but as we say your money your choice.

Loll69

Post by Loll69 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:10 pm

I've got the paddles, thought they came as standard with mine unless part of something when I got carried away on the options list 🤣 I've never used them, not entirely sure why I would need to, only ever tried sports mode once,.

Waverunner

Post by Waverunner » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:56 am

Basically they are very usefull when towing and you want to keep your hands on the wheel at all times, and need to be in a certain gear without changing, ( up or down hills etc).. anyone have some real advice on whether this is possible, any audi meccanics out there or links where I could ask ?.

Saffie

Post by Saffie » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:36 pm

Can anyone please confirm if the steering wheel paddles for Q2 are fitted as standard ie at no additional cost?

Saffie

Post by Saffie » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:37 pm

At what cost can they be fitted post sale?