Where is it !!!

All Audi Q2 related discussions
jase_h

Re: Where is it !!!

Post by jase_h » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:57 pm

You'll be looking forward to the weekend Jill - Glad some are leaving Grimsby!

Mine's been at the docks since 20th/21st November. I'm told the transport order has finally been raised yesterday - don't know if that's just coincidence following the dealer eventually chasing it up, after I pointed out it had been in the UK over 2 weeks.

Unfortunately the dealer now estimate delivery to them around 12th or 13th December. If that happens I guess I'll hopefully be collecting it on the weekend of 17th/18th December, so pretty much 4 weeks after it arrived in the UK - that's after it flew smoothly through build, transport to Emden, then onwards to land at Grimsby - from start to finish in only 10 days.

I suppose at least I'm getting it far earlier than the estimate of March 2017 when I placed the order back in mid-September. However, following it through the process online and seeing it arrive in the UK port just after mid-November I thought I'd have it by now. :(

Vern

Post by Vern » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:23 pm

That's great news .. looks like a few will be here before Christmas :D we need to start putting some pics on ..

dizzyheights

Post by dizzyheights » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:34 pm

My Q2 is showing as arrived at the dealers. I've just emailled the dealers to see if I can pick it up on Saturday. It's an Ara Blue Sport. Ordered in October, but must have been one of the dealers allocated stock. Scheduled for build week 14 November, but joined the production line a few days before that. Looks like it was held at Grimsby for nearly seven days waiting for transport. Hope I can pick it up on Saturday.

Cheers

yaz2010

Post by yaz2010 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:17 pm

Hi dizzyheights. Congrats.
Could you please tell me what options did you add?

jase_h

Post by jase_h » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:04 pm

Spoken to the salesman today. Transport company definitely raised the order last Monday (before being chased by the dealer) to shift the car from dockside, so the dealer are pretty confident it should be delivered to them on Monday or Tuesday this week. Provisionally agreed collection next Saturday, but I won't get too far ahead until the dealer has it - it's now been dockside in Grimsby for almost 3 weeks now - hopefully this time next week it will be mine!

jase_h

Post by jase_h » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:43 pm

Got the call from the salesman to confirm the car arrived at the dealers this afternoon, exactly 3 weeks to the day since it arrived at Grimsby.
Looks like we're definitely on for collection on Saturday afternoon so just need to make the final arrangements, and counting down the days now.

Vern

Post by Vern » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:07 pm

Great news .. mine is due at the dealers in Harrogate on Wednesday so hopefully to the valeters for my nano coating and collect from there on Saturday. :-)

Jill

Post by Jill » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:31 pm

They'll be 2 in Harrogate then, mine is Ara blue -hard to miss lol

yaz2010

Post by yaz2010 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:00 am

Hi,
Has anone got any sort of discount in the UK?

SouthWest

Post by SouthWest » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:42 pm

yaz2010 wrote:Hi,
Has anone got any sort of discount in the UK?
Hi Yaz, yes I got a discount through carwow both for the edition 1 I ordered and for another version that I added a shed load of options to. Both times I only got a discount from one dealer - different one each time. Others all came back with zero.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

As I mentioned in my welcome post, I have created a spreadsheet of order dates through to delivery from some of the information on the site. It may be useful to give an idea of timings.
If anyone wants to be removed from the spreadsheet then please let me know, or conversely add some data if you are willing.

Hope it's useful...

Audi Q2 Delivery Tracker_1.xlsx
Q2 delivery tracker
(72.04 KiB) Downloaded 371 times

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”