Space Saver Spare Wheel option?

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Graham

Space Saver Spare Wheel option?

Post by Graham » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:57 am

I recently took delivery of my new Q2, and I'm delighted with it.

I opted for the standard tyre repair kit (no spare wheel) partly because the dealer suggested a spare wheel would mean a raised boot floor level (as I think it does in the Q3). I've never before had a car without a spare wheel, and I'm having second thoughts about leaving it out. What's more, now I've got the car, it looks as though there would be space for a spare wheel below the boot floor even with the floor fitted at the lower level.

Can anyone who's now got a Q2 with space-saver spare wheel confirm whether it fits below the boot floor with the floor fitted at the lower level?

BTW what is the actual tyre size/spec on the Audi-supplied space-saver wheel?
Q2 1.4 TFSi Sport S-Tronic in Coral orange/Manhattan grey
Driver Assistance Pack, Comfort Pack, DIS colour display

MikeH

Re: Space Saver Spare Wheel option?

Post by MikeH » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:00 pm

I can confirm spare plus tools fit under floor in lower position. See photo attached.
Mine is 1.4 stronic in silver with about 400 miles on the clock, I am also very pleased with it.
I have attached a photo as I haven't seen any other in silver.

20161219_151923_HDR.jpg

20161219_152032_HDR.jpg

dtaylor

Post by dtaylor » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:36 pm

That is really interesting to see that and is kind of what I expected. I do not have the space saver wheel but do have the B & O system which puts a subwoofer in the wheel well. The subwoofer would fit inside a space saver if I chose that option. However... with the B & O system occupying the centre wheel well area then the tools are in a different insert that sits above where the wheel well is. This prevents the boot floor being put in the lower position. There would be nothing to stop me taking the tools out, discarding the tool insert and then lowering the floor. There is however sufficient space for my needs in the raised position and think it is recommended to have the floor in the raised position to aid loading but good to see yours... thanks for sharing.

Hayley456

Post by Hayley456 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:38 pm

Wow really like in silver! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Graham

Post by Graham » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:56 am

MikeH wrote:I can confirm spare plus tools fit under floor in lower position. See photo attached.
Thanks for this confirmation. I think I'll go ahead and order a spare wheel.
Q2 1.4 TFSi Sport S-Tronic in Coral orange/Manhattan grey
Driver Assistance Pack, Comfort Pack, DIS colour display

SouthWest

Post by SouthWest » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:09 am

Graham wrote:
MikeH wrote:I can confirm spare plus tools fit under floor in lower position. See photo attached.
Thanks for this confirmation. I think I'll go ahead and order a spare wheel.
Hi Graham,

Would you be able to tell me how much the option is as an "afterthought" - is it still £100 as per initial catalogue price?
I was also in two minds about getting one but went without in the end. Still not sure but would be good to know.

Thanks

hawfinch

Post by hawfinch » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:52 pm

Hi, I bought an Audi Q5 some time back and, like you, decided on buying a spacesaver wheel after getting the car. Instead of £100 I had to pay £500. Rip off or what!

SouthWest

Post by SouthWest » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:17 am

hawfinch wrote:Hi, I bought an Audi Q5 some time back and, like you, decided on buying a spacesaver wheel after getting the car. Instead of £100 I had to pay £500. Rip off or what!
Wow, that's quite a price hike.
I checked for the Q2 - Dealer doesn't have a price for the spare at the moment as it's not on the system. Prepare for a price shock I guess!

On another point I asked about an audi dashcam. Turns out there is something in the works (forward and rear cameras) to be announced sometime next year. Q2 availability not confirmed.
I wasn't specifically after an audi dashcam but wanted to know if they would fit a third party unit so the wires could be hidden and connected properly. Answer is no apparently.
Have to think about going with a plug in for now and maybe review the audi option in future...

dtaylor

Post by dtaylor » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:39 pm

Wish I had a Space Saver now after all... had a slow puncture due to a screw becoming embedding in my tyre... called at a Kwik Fit but legally could not repair it due to the position it was in. Nor could they source a replacement tyre... seems they are not easy to come by. Called my Audi dealer and they didn't even have stock of them and had to order one. Topped it up with air twice until I had a replacement fitted today. £186 and only a couple of months/3,500 miles old. On my previous car didn't replace a tyre in the 2.5 years I had it.

keith0miles

Post by keith0miles » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:35 pm

I too bought a Q2 without a space saver wheel except I wasn't aware that it didn't have one! I'm told that I cannot buy a wheel at the options price of £300 and must pay £320 with discount. Not happy. Can anyone tell me the numbers printed on the wheel. I know its an 8S0106027 but I would like to know whether it has these number printed on the wheel: 31/2Jx19H2 ET15. Thanks for any help.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”