Space Saver Spare Wheel option?

All Audi Q2 related discussions
dtaylor

Re: Space Saver Spare Wheel option?

Post by dtaylor » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:13 pm

The space saver at the time of ordering the car is only £100...

Adrian1956

Post by Adrian1956 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:21 pm

Sorry about your puncture, David. I wasn't going to have the space saver, but my wife convinced me that she felt "uncomfortable" not having a spare wheel of some sort, so we went for one in the end.

Dave

Post by Dave » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:49 pm

I think space saver wheels are a necessity. A bottle of gunk to spray into the wheel is all well and good.
But if you have a puncture in the sidewall then the gunk will not work.
And the tire repair shop will not repair a tire that has had gunk used on it.
At least if you have a spare wheel you can get going quickly without having to wait for recovery.
1.4 TFSI Tango Red 7 speed S tronic sport
Virtual cockpit LED headlights LED interior lighting, Milano leather, bang & Olufsen, drivers assistance pack advanced, high beam assist, light and rain sensors, adaptive cruise control and space saver wheel

Simonrich

Post by Simonrich » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:44 pm

Why not get one off eBay, many available, as long as it is Audi 19" and 5 stud it should be a standard fit for the car, you only need it for emergencies. You may need to buy plastic nut to secure it from dealer .

dtaylor

Post by dtaylor » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:21 pm

Adrian1956 wrote:Sorry about your puncture, David. I wasn't going to have the space saver, but my wife convinced me that she felt "uncomfortable" not having a spare wheel of some sort, so we went for one in the end.
Hi Adrian,

I guess it is the luck of the draw... I didn't have one in my previous car and never had a problem. I was frustrated though having to replace a tyre only a couple of months old.

A good point made by 'Simonrich'... looking on ebay you can pick one up for around £50. I might do that, not that I plan on having another! :)

Thanks,
David

MikeH

Post by MikeH » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Dteails of my spacesaver are as follows
HANKOOK S300
T125/70R19 100M

keith0miles

Post by keith0miles » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Hi Mike, Trying to get as close a match as possible, what is the ET (offset) number on your wheel?

Barrieb5

Post by Barrieb5 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi Folks,
I'm new to Q2 forum having just purchased a Q2 s/line 1.4 auto in Dayton Grey for my wife .We both love the car but have a couple of problems .
(1) The space saver wheel, my car did not come with this wheel so I tried to order one post delivery form my dealer.I have been quoted £405.00!!! I did comment I only wanted a steel wheel not special alloy wheels I had with the car.I have tried un successfully at the moment to find a wheel on the internet but to no avail .I have seen on the forum someone has given some Hankook numbers does this fit? and where is it available?
I also wondered whether the space saver wheel and tyre from an Audi A3 would fit?

(2) As I have said earlier I have just taken delivery of my Q2 this car was a car my dealer had just received in stock so I bought as per the spec supplied.As I'm sure with most people before we make up our minds on which car to buy we look round several options,I tried Mercedes,BMW and Lexus.In all these cars and in all the cars I have had previously of this quality,ACC has been standard,I was really dissapointed that ACC was an option on this car surely on a car of this quality and price should have this as standard.

All for now Cheers Barrieb5

Tinaturbo

Post by Tinaturbo » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:55 pm

Hello from another new Q2 owner. After having a discussion with the dealer about purchasing a space saver I was rather miffed to find out I was having to pay a considerable amount more because I was purchasing a stock item. I have done a bit of reasearch trying to establish where I could purchase one, other than Audi, and so far have been unsuccessful. For some reason my Sline model comes with an 18" wheel although I see some others are 19". Looks like I will have to bite the bullet and purchase one from Audi unless another forum user can advise me where I could get one. TIA. Tina.

Shellman

Post by Shellman » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:37 pm

The S line model has 18inch wheels as standard. The 19inch are an optional extra.
For similar information look at the Audi car configuration site.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”