i have it , and an not blown away by the sound
quality or am i expecting too much quality in a
car even when made by a premimum company
any thoughts ?

AngusC

Re: b & O

Post by AngusC » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:10 pm

Hi,
I have B&O in my Q2 and while I think it is good it doesn't seem be anywhere near as good as the B&O system I had in my last A3 (despite the fact that it appears, to me, to be a very similar setup).

Marcusengland

Post by Marcusengland » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:52 pm

B & O Amp is under the front passenger seat . Black grilled box holds the silver Amp inside it. Saw it on Monday at Salisbury Audi. Very helpful sales assistant took us through a lot of the MMI functions and the pairing of a Iphone to allow contacts to be stored in the car and my music to be played . Explained the difference between this and CarPlay also
S line 35 TFSI 150 PS S tronic Daytona Grey, pearl effect Titanium Grey C pillar Order date: 21/08/18 Comfort and Sound pack Technology package Power-operated tailgate B & O sound Dual-zone AC V C High-beam assist Rear-view camera

AdamK

Post by AdamK » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:53 pm

Hi,
Im interested in buying a Q2, but am also concerned about loosing boot space with the B&O amp and spare tyre combination. Can anyone confirm that its still the case that you can use the lower boot shelf with these?
Thanks in advance

Q2owner

Post by Q2owner » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:16 pm

i have b and o with the sub woofer in the boot , my car has standard 17” wheels , have a spacesaver recommended spare , the sub woofer sits neatly inside wheel and allows the shelf to be fitted flat , small items can still be stored either side of wheel
# a word of caution , listen to the b and o set up side by side with the audi uprated sound system , wish i did , as i don’t think the b and o is that good , could have saved some money and gained a little bit more space where the woofer would have been fitted

AdamK

Post by AdamK » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:02 am

Thanks for the reply. Is that sitting flat on the lower shelf or the standard one please? My local Audi dealership seemed to think it would only sit on the higher one. I'm looking at an S-Line with 18" wheels if that make a difference?

Q2owner

Post by Q2owner » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:54 am

just looked , shelf is sitting completely flat , not surewhat you mean about higher and lower postion ,i have the loading area completely all on one level as regards the 18 “ wheel , you probably would get away with a 17 spacesaver withhigh profile to minimise height , as your local audi garage to allow a you to try with the above combination before yours arrives

Squillaudi

Post by Squillaudi » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:27 pm

Q2owner wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:16 pm
i have b and o with the sub woofer in the boot , my car has standard 17” wheels , have a spacesaver recommended spare , the sub woofer sits neatly inside wheel and allows the shelf to be fitted flat , small items can still be stored either side of wheel
# a word of caution , listen to the b and o set up side by side with the audi uprated sound system , wish i did , as i don’t think the b and o is that good , could have saved some money and gained a little bit more space where the woofer would have been fitted
The Audi Sound System also have a subwoofer in the trunk. I have it in my Q2. The only difference for the B&O is less speakers in the car (10, I guess) and no amp.

AdamK

Post by AdamK » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:13 pm

Thanks - does the standard system allow you to use the lower shelf please? On the Q2 I saw in the show room, the boot floor has two positions; a higher one nearly flush with the boot opening, and a lower one a couple of inches down.

Thanks!

AngusC

Post by AngusC » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:41 pm

I have the B&O and space saver, and you can't put the bookshelf in the lower position. This is because the jack/tools (that normally sit where the subwoofer is) have their own polystyrene fitting which sits above the space/saver / subwoofer. I would imagine the uprated Audi Sound System would be the same due to the subwoofer.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”