Can't get comfortable driving position

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Vern

Can't get comfortable driving position

Post by Vern » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi

I don't know if anyone is finding the same but after 5 years of comfy driving in my Q3 s line I cannot find a comfortable driving position in my Q2 - I'm not a tall person but the seat base seems to short for my legs. The driving position also must be offset slightly, I'm hoping muscle memory will change but currently I am not enjoying driving it. Which is a real shame. :roll:

dtaylor

Re: Can't get comfortable driving position

Post by dtaylor » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi,

I actually felt the same and found myself continuously adjusting the seat and wheel. Then, after around a month it felt right... maybe just got used to it but took a while for sure.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:12 pm

Hope you manage to find a comfortable position. I jumped into a 5 series once but sold it on after a month as I just could not get comfortable in it at all. It's an expensive issue trust me!

Ian91

Post by Ian91 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:38 am

Vern wrote:Hi

I don't know if anyone is finding the same but after 5 years of comfy driving in my Q3 s line I cannot find a comfortable driving position in my Q2 - I'm not a tall person but the seat base seems to short for my legs. The driving position also must be offset slightly, I'm hoping muscle memory will change but currently I am not enjoying driving it. Which is a real shame. :roll:
One of the things that has put me off buying the Q2, is the seat base, as a six footer my legs aren't supported by the seat base, did the Q3 have a section on the base that extends to support your legs.

Vern

Post by Vern » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:34 am

Yes it did which is what I think I'm missing for it to be comfortable.. :(

Chris G

Post by Chris G » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:53 pm

I cant get a comfortable driving position on a Q2 SE. One problem is the stitching down the centre of the seat base which means that this part then has less give and hurts me under the crotch. Another is that despite having lumbar adjustment I get back-ache very quickly. I am in the process of trying various seat cushions and also a back rest but haven't found the right solution yet. I have ordered a wedge seat cushion with a coccyx cut-out to see if that works.

I like the car very much but the seats are dreadful and I will make sure I have longer test drives when buying a car in future.

Chris

Argyll

Post by Argyll » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:36 pm

I had an 8 hour+ drive yesterday from Kent up through Scotland and found the seats to be excellent. In fact, the previous day I had another long drive from Germany up to Dunkirk and it was equally comfortable. My 1.0 SE acquitted itself well in all respects. We only had one delay, at the French side, when an armed soldier asked me to get out the car only to start asking questions about how I was enjoying the Q2, how much it cost etc etc...but I'm sure my fellow Q2 owners are well used to this level of attention by now!

Rach71

Post by Rach71 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:14 am

Has anyone had success overcoming discomfort and back pain due to the firm seats? I picked up my Q2 yesterday and have done 3 x 1 hour trips. I noticed during the first trip I felt uncomfortable due to the firm bottom of the seat. My thighs felt uncomfortable, like sitting on a hard bench. Back felt fine whilst driving, but after getting out after my third one hour drive I now have lower back pain that hasn’t gone away. I’ve never had discomfort driving or any back pain. I’m comfortable in husbands A3 sports. I’m really starting to stress now I’ve bought the wrong car.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:02 am

Does everyone on this thread have the SE model? My S-line 1st Edition Q2 has great seats. I live in Switzerland and drive back to the UK regularly which is around 1000miles each time and i don't have any back or leg ache. I came from an A3 Sport edition so that had the better seats and leg support, but i remember reading various complaints about the SE seats in the A3 too.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”