Question for owners who ordered from factory'

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Dave

Question for owners who ordered from factory'

Post by Dave » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:48 am

A question about changing order.

I have put a order in and it's due to be made the week 27th Feb.

I want to change spec slightly. The dealer said I would get a couple of emails.

One with order ref so can look on my Audi and follow order. And another email confirming spec and the ability to change spec as required.

I have had the first email but not the second one. Can anyone who has ordered a Q2 confirm that this is the correct procedure. And when did you get the second email and the ability to change your Oder?

Sorry this is long winded thanks in advance.
1.4 TFSI Tango Red 7 speed S tronic sport
Virtual cockpit LED headlights LED interior lighting, Milano leather, bang & Olufsen, drivers assistance pack advanced, high beam assist, light and rain sensors, adaptive cruise control and space saver wheel

CNC

Re: Question for owners who ordered from factory'

Post by CNC » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:02 am

I have ordered two new AUDI's, a Q3 and the last being my current Q2, as I understand it, once the order goes in, it is capable of being changed up to a point when the compilation of parts starts, from various sources, usually 4 weeks ahead of the proposed build date, then the order is locked and cannot be changed. I do not know about the two emails, I made my changes with the dealer and they were actioned by them but I would say now that with a build date so close then changes cannot be made. Hope that helps.
Q2, 1.4 S Line, S/Tronic, Ara blue with black wrapped vinyl blades, pan roof, Comfort and Tech packs, folding mirrors and heated seats.

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:25 pm

Thank you for your reply.
I will drop in on the dealer in case but it looks like it will be to late. At least it will save me some money!
Virtual cockpit LED headlights LED interior lighting, Milano leather, bang & Olufsen, drivers assistance pack advanced, high beam assist, light and rain sensors, adaptive cruise control and space saver wheel

Kev

Post by Kev » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi.
I placed an order on 21 dec and changed the spec on 27 dec. the dealer used one of their factory orders and start date was due to be 23 jan. i was told by the dealer by phone/e mail that a new car Had to be ordered when i changed spec and thus build date would be end feb and missing avoiding the rise in ved duties from 1.4.17. I went back to the dealer on 29 dec and low and behold the original build date and order with amendments was accepted. It wudnt have been if i wanted halogen headlights but upgrading to led lights had the desired effect. My car is now at the dealer awaiting 01.03.17 new reg date.
If you check my audi and the process hasnt passed order received stage you may be able to change it,
However if the changes you wish to be made arent available for build that week, then there may be a delay. I wud reckon if your build date falls back after 23 feb u will only get the car after ved changes on 01.04.17

Littleone

Post by Littleone » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:41 pm

Order on 19-12-16 n still show Your Q2 is expected to begin construction on 13th March 2017. Bit disappointed
Audi Q2 S line 1.4 TFSI Ara blue

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:26 am

I was to late to change my order. I am still showing build date 27th Feb

yaz2010

Post by yaz2010 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:14 am

I ordered 18th December . Changed order twice once before Christmas and again before new year. Build date was 6th Feb. Car has left Germany.

Kev

Post by Kev » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi littleone,
Each dealer is given certain order and build times.
Guess i got one of the dealer factory orders and they changed the spec.
Perhaps why i got a fairly good price too, otherwise they wud have had a car built with no sale.
( also another reason why more cars are showing as stock nowadays )

Littleone

Post by Littleone » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:40 pm

Now my Audi change to 3 preparation, don't know how long would take but dealer confidence l will get the car before end of March
Audi Q2 S line 1.4 TFSI Ara blue

yaz2010

Post by yaz2010 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:35 pm

Order placed 19th Dec. Car reached uk couple of days back. Dealer contacted me on Friday to say they are waiting for the car to reach them. So it should be another 10 days. My build date was 6th Feb.
Hope you get it before the new road tax rules kick in.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”