Audi Q2 Forum banner

Q2 suspension

25K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  Steve G 
#1 ·
Finding the suspension very firm on my Q2 S Line S tronic 1.4 TFSI,how is everyone else finding it ?

#3 ·
I have 18 inch wheels, tend to drive in Comfort mode on the S/tronic, the ride can be a bit harsh on potholed roads but on a good surface it is comfortable and quiet, this is the first AUDI I have had with factory fit Michelin tyres, perhaps that has something to do with it.

#4 ·
What tire pressure settings are people pumping there tires to? Have you tried the comfort tire pressure setting rather than standard pressures ?

#6 ·
I mean the actual tire pressure. Not the setting on the mmi

#7 ·
Line 2 on tire pressure

Attachments

#8 ·
I read the same in a couple of reviews. S-line has a lower/stiffer suspension (which you can deselect in the configurator btw). If you combine this with anything bigger than 17" it affects the comfort of the ride too much. This was my main reason not to select the Edition 1, but configure my own from scratch.

#11 ·
There is not a comfort tyre pressure, it is the lower pressure to be set when car not heavily loaded!
This setting is so that the tyre wear is even across the full width of the tyre. If you use the lower pressures when the car is more heavily loaded then the outside of the tyres will wear more quickly than the center.
The ride quality of the car is usually harder when larger diameter wheels are used with lower profile tyres because the lower profile tyre has less resilience due to the narrower depth.

#12 ·
Line 1 and 2 are both for partially loaded.

Line 2 is lower pressure to give a more comfortable ride.

But you always need to set the pressures to how much the car is loaded

#13 ·
Well, whatever it's called, I like it. Went hill walking this morning to my usual spot (about 45 mins away) and the journey was mainly on A roads sitting around 60mph and I didn't notice any change in my mpg (low fifties). I'm sure that there must be some effect on mpg but it certainly appears to be fairly negligible, not that I'm particularly bothered. The car just feels nicer to drive.

#14 ·
That's good:) if it nicer to drive then that's a great result in my eyes:)

#16 ·
I guess they must be specific to the size wheel as there are no tire pressures in the user manual, only on the sticker on the cars door.

I followed my own advise today and set my tire pressures to the comfort setting in the user manual. As most of the time I have a light load.(well apart from me;))
Well it dose give a nicer ride so worth doing.

#18 ·
Regarding the firm suspension on my Q2,went in to an Audi dealer while on a weekend brake 200 miles from home and car had been making a lot of noise going over slight bumps,on inspection the mechanic found the front suspension travel blocks had not been removed before delivery,so if you are feeling the bumps a lot might be worth taking your car to be checked out.

#22 ·
Steve, I was most interested to read of your experience regarding suspension transit blocks as mine had not been removed at PDI. I had driven 3000 miles and found the drive very uncomfortable going over bumps on the road and couldn't believe how stiff it was. I tried all settings to no avail so concluded it was just the way the car drove. After a noise developing I phoned Audi and was advised to call out Audi Assist. The mechanic took me out for a test drive and then said to return home and he would look underneath. He subsequently knocked on the door and had 6 blue blocks in his hand! He said in working with Audi for 14 years he had never seen the likes. I contacted Audi and spoke with Serive Manager who arranged for me to bring the car in for inspection. They identified some "cosmetic damage" which they corrrected and I picked up the car the following day. I had asked for a report on the matter and to date cannot get them to provide anything stating the reason for my car being in their workshop. The invoice I have states "warranty work" which I do not accept. I have now waited another two weeks for them to provide me with a report and it hasn't materialised. I fired off an email yesterday and await the outcome. Unlike Steve I have not been offered anything as compensation for their negligence. I would welcome comment from forum members as to how I should proceed with this matter. TIA. TIna.

#24 ·
Thanks Steve for your reply. I will await the outcome of my email and now have some ammunition to use. I will keep you posted.
I have found the car gives a much more comfortable drive now and I am very pleased with it. When I was reading this topic I was about to post about my experience and then I read your post and it does make you wonder if there's others being driven with the blocks still in place, hopefully not.

#25 ·
Steve lates news. I got an immediate response on Monday morning, from two Managers, to my email. I now have the report I requested and I also referred to your situation, no names mentioned or where I got the info, and requested compensation. As my car came from another dealership, who had not carried out the PDI correctly, they had to make the decision regarding my request. I am pleased to say I have now been offered two free services to be undertaken at my local dealership and have to say a big thanks to you for your post and I now feel satisfied with the outcome of the situation. This is where the forum is very useful for sharing our experiences.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.