Q2 suspension

All Audi Q2 related discussions
AllanG

Re: Q2 suspension

Post by AllanG » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:21 pm

A fair result Steve G.....at least your dealer accepted they'd made a PDI cock-up. No problem with my suspension, though mine is an A3 Saloon!

Tinaturbo

Re: Q2 suspensi

Post by Tinaturbo » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:25 pm

Steve, I was most interested to read of your experience regarding suspension transit blocks as mine had not been removed at PDI. I had driven 3000 miles and found the drive very uncomfortable going over bumps on the road and couldn't believe how stiff it was. I tried all settings to no avail so concluded it was just the way the car drove. After a noise developing I phoned Audi and was advised to call out Audi Assist. The mechanic took me out for a test drive and then said to return home and he would look underneath. He subsequently knocked on the door and had 6 blue blocks in his hand! He said in working with Audi for 14 years he had never seen the likes. I contacted Audi and spoke with Serive Manager who arranged for me to bring the car in for inspection. They identified some "cosmetic damage" which they corrrected and I picked up the car the following day. I had asked for a report on the matter and to date cannot get them to provide anything stating the reason for my car being in their workshop. The invoice I have states "warranty work" which I do not accept. I have now waited another two weeks for them to provide me with a report and it hasn't materialised. I fired off an email yesterday and await the outcome. Unlike Steve I have not been offered anything as compensation for their negligence. I would welcome comment from forum members as to how I should proceed with this matter. TIA. TIna.

Steve G

Post by Steve G » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:38 pm

Good luck Tina I'm sure Audi will have to compensate you,I wonder how many Q2s are out there with the blocks still in place, how you are enjoying your Q2 now as mine is like a completely different car.

Tinaturbo

Post by Tinaturbo » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:28 pm

Thanks Steve for your reply. I will await the outcome of my email and now have some ammunition to use. I will keep you posted.
I have found the car gives a much more comfortable drive now and I am very pleased with it. When I was reading this topic I was about to post about my experience and then I read your post and it does make you wonder if there's others being driven with the blocks still in place, hopefully not.

Tinaturbo

Post by Tinaturbo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:22 pm

Steve lates news. I got an immediate response on Monday morning, from two Managers, to my email. I now have the report I requested and I also referred to your situation, no names mentioned or where I got the info, and requested compensation. As my car came from another dealership, who had not carried out the PDI correctly, they had to make the decision regarding my request. I am pleased to say I have now been offered two free services to be undertaken at my local dealership and have to say a big thanks to you for your post and I now feel satisfied with the outcome of the situation. This is where the forum is very useful for sharing our experiences.

Steve G

Post by Steve G » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:14 pm

That's great news Tina,thanks for keeping me up to date.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”