Audi Q2 Forum banner

Viewing tyre pressure

12K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  OSL282 
#1 ·
Hi,
Loving the Q2. Got a good deal on an ex demonstrator with 4k miles on the clock.

I understand this car has tyre pressure monitoring. Is there a way to view the current tyre pressures?

I've been through the menu system and the only thing I can find is something that says something along the lines of 'select to set the current tyre pressure' but doesn't actually tell you the values?

#3 ·
Once the tyre pressures are set correctly, you tell the system using the MMI and it then monitors for changes, as I understand it, the system does not monitor tyre pressure but wheel rotation via the ABS and uses this to warn of a tyre losing pressure.

#6 ·
silus said:
I am surprised with all the modern tech in this car that they are still relying on such an antiquated method. Cars have had proper TPMS for years.
The main problem with TPMS systems is corrosion in the stems making them prone to crack or snap off leading to drastic loss of pressure.

I have suffered from it on one car and wouldn't like it to happen again......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.