audi pre sense

All Audi Q2 related discussions
CNC

Re: audi pre sense

Post by CNC » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:30 am

Mine has given a couple of alerts when cars in front have braked and turned suddenly, just a warning ding and on the dash but no braking until yesterday. I was driving in roadworks on a narrow country road, with the offside lane coned off and workers there, one of them moved towards the middle of the road, still the other side of the cones and the car braked to a stop. A bit of a shock but it is reassuring that it worked as it should and I now know what to expect.
Q2, 1.4 S Line, S/Tronic, Ara blue with black wrapped vinyl blades, pan roof, Comfort and Tech packs, folding mirrors and heated seats.

Tinaturbo

Post by Tinaturbo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:12 pm

I also had the pre-sense trigger on a narrow country road as I took a sharp bend in bright sunshine with shadows on the bend. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it. Initially I wondered what had happened but then recalled reading about it on here. I'll be mindful the next time I'm travelling that road.

hewitt

Post by hewitt » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:45 pm

I have had pre sense operate 3 times in the 3 months we have owned the car. 1st approaching line of traffic stationary at traffic lights, lift from accelerator allowing car to slow, cars in front start to move away so no need to break - bang pre sense hits brakes. 2nd driving along B road being approached slowly by tractor cutting hedge, pull out to pass - bang pre sense hits brakes. 3rd driving in town, car in front pulls to centre of road to turn right, I continue to pass on nearside - bang pre sense hits brakes. At no time during any of the incidents was I in danger of hitting anything. Fortunately I was not being closely followed as I believe a collision from behind would have occurred since if I don't know the car is going to stop how can anybody else.
I have been informed by Audi that this cannot be switched off as it is a safety feature.
Audi must be lobbied to provide the option to disable this feature in the ecu.
Without this option I must get rid of my Q2 which in all other respects is admirable.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”