audi pre sense

All Audi Q2 related discussions
milo

audi pre sense

Post by milo » Fri May 19, 2017 7:33 pm

well ive had the car since december and its a joy to drive and love the automatic 1.4 tfsi engine. im finding the auto pre sense abit frustrating comes on sometimes and i cant see the danger . the rear in reverse takes abit getting used too . still find the interior lights a little dull . but now its summer wont be so hard.

Dave

Re: audi pre sense

Post by Dave » Sat May 20, 2017 11:47 am

I have had the pre sense come on a couple times a bit randomly. I guess it's the price to pay for cutting edge technology.

I think the standard interior lighting is not so good. It should have led lighting as standard
1.4 TFSI Tango Red 7 speed S tronic sport
Virtual cockpit LED headlights LED interior lighting, Milano leather, bang & Olufsen, drivers assistance pack advanced, high beam assist, light and rain sensors, adaptive cruise control and space saver wheel

silus

Post by silus » Sat May 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Agreed however it's not anywhere as annoying or dangerous as using the adaptive cruise control and it does what is effectively an emergency stop at 70mph on the motorway when there is very little traffic ahead.

I've stopped using that now.

OSL282

Post by OSL282 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:24 pm

milo wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 7:33 pm
im finding the auto pre sense abit frustrating comes on sometimes and i cant see the danger
You have a choice of 3 settings in the configuration menu and the default is (I think) medium, try a different setting for it
Audi Q2 1.4 TFSI Sport S Tronic in Tango Red

dtaylor

Post by dtaylor » Sat May 20, 2017 1:42 pm

I like the Adaptive cruise control and would always look for that feature in any car I have from now on... it makes motorway driving effortless. As for pre-sense... in the six months/10,000 miles I have had the car it has warned me about half a dozen times and physically braked to a standstill on two occasions... both unnecessary... not changed any settings as see the benefits but can also be dangerous especially if there is a car behind you.

Woodman

Post by Woodman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:29 pm

I had a bad experience with the Pre Sense last week when the car came to a complete standstill for no reason. I sent the car back to Audi as I found this to be unacceptable. The response was that there was no fault with the vehicle - the diagnostic test showed there had been an incident, but there was no fault. They went on to say I could disable the feature, but it would have to be my decision! I didn't want the car back if I am honest as I am not sure how safe I feel driving it. I reluctantly took it back and now have to disable the system every time I start the car. But guess what - I now have to drive with a warning on the Interactive Dash telling me Pre-Sense is switched off. So...the Pre-Sense is kicking in for no reason, which is very dangerous...and the only way to do anything about that is to turn off a safety feature Audi have invested heavily in putting into all new models. Who else thinks this is unacceptable from a premium manufacturer?

OSL282

Post by OSL282 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:35 pm

I have had 'Pre Sense' kick in 3 times and always at the same place with no perceived 'risk' by me, however the car thinks otherwise.

I have worked out that a set of close gapped, metal railings along the side of a speed control chicane are what is triggering it. Basically the sensor seems to think there is someone moving in the path of the car when in fact it's a fixed set of railings making the sensor go on and off very quickly.

I go past the spot regularly and it doesn't happen every time. It;s down to the angle the car is at on the road V the metal railing and the speed I am going at. The worst occurrence had the wheels locking up in an emergency stop manoeuvre.

Now that I am aware of it I approach that particular bit of road furniture with more care.

Safety systems are not infallible and there will always be circumstances the designers have not considered/allowed for I'm afraid.

Argyll

Post by Argyll » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:26 pm

I've only had it kick in once during the last 3000 miles or so. I was travelling along a quiet village road at 30mph when the brakes went on hard for less than a second. Took me a while to realise what had happened and it didn't bother me too much, apart from wondering what had caused it. Wouldn't like it to happen at a higher speed with someone behind me. Haven't bothered to check/change the settings though.

Teddyturbo

Post by Teddyturbo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:00 am

I had an audible warning plus Audi pre sense warning on dash when the car detected a vehicle about to emerge from the left at a junction but it did not automatically brake. Only happened once.

OSL282

Post by OSL282 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:19 am

OSL282 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:35 pm
I have had 'Pre Sense' kick in 3 times and always at the same place with no perceived 'risk' by me, however the car thinks otherwise.

I have worked out that a set of close gapped, metal railings along the side of a speed control chicane are what is triggering it. Basically the sensor seems to think there is someone moving in the path of the car when in fact it's a fixed set of railings making the sensor go on and off very quickly.
Here is a picture of the spot I took this morning that triggers the pre sense system

fence.jpg

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”