Oddly mottled rubber window seals

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Argyll

Re: Oddly mottled rubber window seals

Post by Argyll » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:17 pm

It's not only a problem here in the UK - also discussed on the MotorTalk forum in Germany. Translation of a post below....

"They are window seals, which are almost always spotted (after every wash or rain). I tried the following: Wax from DJ (without solvent, of course), Finish Kare - 317 Exterior Black Trim restorer, Gtechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer (normal applied, ie with MT after the application immediately wiped and also times 24 hours in dry to ZINO Z 16, Chemical Guys - G6 Hyper Coat, AUTOGLYM plastic and rubber cleaner ... C4 was the last rescue, unfortunately only holds up to the first wash or rain and then the seals look again stained ... Has anyone still one Idea?"

https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/fleckig ... JumpMarker

daisy

Post by daisy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:55 pm

This is interesting and I have forwarded this info to the Audi Case Manager appointed to my complaint. I really do not think they can continue to deny Audi are aware of a problem. This is clearly universal. UK customers are not the only ones with this issue I await their response.

milo

Post by milo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:41 am

Here is the car seal at moment

20170814_135542.jpg

milo

Post by milo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:47 pm

audi called me today to say . details and photos have been escalated to technical dept in milton keynes . my case manager will be in touch next week . they know they have a problem and local dealership said all there cars look bad now . including new unsold ones on forecourt .

audman

Post by audman » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:59 am

my 1.5 month q2 has the same problem.after washing appears the problem.i use autoglym and dissapears.after washing the same problem again

daisy

Post by daisy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:19 am

Please report this to Audi Customer Care. My case manager is Robert. He called me this morning and I have asked him to contact Audi's technical department. He has agreed and will let me know the outcome. He did, however, reiterate that the more people report the problem the quicker it will be flagged to Audi as a fault. This will then become a problem they can no longer ignore and will have to do something.

Pinksparkles

Post by Pinksparkles » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:42 pm

I no want have a case manager and they will be contacting me after the weekend. Will let you know what is discussed. Did ask for contact to be either by email or whatsapp so I had written records of the conversation but I have a feeling it will be a telephone call....
Proud owner of the Q2 1.4 TFSI Automatic S line in Daytona Grey :lol: endearly nicknamed Kryton!

daisy

Post by daisy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:53 pm

Rec'd today -

'Thank you for your response regarding the window trim on your vehicle and taking the time to send the pictures.

I can appreciate your dissatisfaction with this, and please be assured that your complaints have been logged internally within Audi UK.

Customer satisfaction is very important to Audi as a business and each case that is logged with us is dealt with on a case by case basis to insure the best outcome for the customer.

If you require any further assistance from us, please do not hesitate to contact us on the number below.

Thank you for contacting Audi UK

Kind regards'

My response -

'Thank you for your email. I appreciate that this has been logged, however, what I want to know is what is going to be done about this problem?

Surely if Audi continue to build Q2s with the same window seals the problem escalates with more and more customers complaining?'

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Update: call this morning at 8.20am from my case manager in response to my email. This problem has definitely been logged so Audi are well aware of it. Just a matter of playing the waiting game until they acknowledge the problem and theytell us what happens next! So hopefully Q2 owners will log their concerns with Audi

Pinksparkles

Post by Pinksparkles » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:28 pm

I have just received the attached email. I will respond tomorrow but I don't think the case managers are communicating with each other over this issue!
Can you tell me the name of your CM and I'll direct Mikky to them?

IMG_5716.PNG

Proud owner of the Q2 1.4 TFSI Automatic S line in Daytona Grey :lol: endearly nicknamed Kryton!