Oddly mottled rubber window seals

All Audi Q2 related discussions
daisy

Re: Oddly mottled rubber window seals

Post by daisy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:05 pm

This is hilarious. Everytime it stops raining we need to rush out and clean the window seals?

Do they know how often it rains in the north west!? 😂

My contact is
Robb Forbes
Customer Relations Manager

Argyll

Post by Argyll » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:12 pm

I guess that it's natural that Audi will come up with various solutions to the problem rather than simply admitting that the rubber is defective in some way but why don't they just contact their supplier and tell them that the product is faulty? It's obvious to anyone that the seals are of poor quality.

I wasn't going to do anything about mine but I've changed my mind having seen the stupid response that Daisy received from Audi. Do they think that we're children?

Well done Daisy, keep up the good work!

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:47 pm

Frankly they need to realise we are not going to go away. The sooner they appreciate that the better. We all need to keep on the case - my next move is Watchdog. The clock is ticking Audi!!

Pinksparkles

Post by Pinksparkles » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:31 am

Sent this to Mikki today. And cc'd the garage in to it.

The last paragraph is 'I await your response and the next step regarding this issue'

Will keep you posted...

IMG_5744.PNG

Proud owner of the Q2 1.4 TFSI Automatic S line in Daytona Grey :lol: endearly nicknamed Kryton!

Pinksparkles

Post by Pinksparkles » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:37 pm

Update: Just had this:

IMG_5745.PNG

Proud owner of the Q2 1.4 TFSI Automatic S line in Daytona Grey :lol: endearly nicknamed Kryton!

daisy

Post by daisy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:26 pm

Pinksparkles - today I went back to the dealer to get a quote for damage caused when some waste of space decided to run his key along the side of my 7 week old car. However while there I had a quick chat with the after sales manager who confirmed Audi are well aware of this problem (there has been a bulletin) although they say it's caused by external conditions . Ha! - that'll be rain then. My dealer now has other customers reporting the fault too. While still willing to replace the seals it would be like for like so I'm hanging on until the seal composition is sorted otherwise it'll have to be done twice. Might be worth asking that question of your dealer too?

Pinksparkles

Post by Pinksparkles » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:33 pm

Ah what a bummer, why are people so horrible? Mine had a delightful ding from a car door last week, nothing is bloody sacred!
I'll email him back later, to be honest I'm a bit annoyed that I have to go to them, I may suggest they come to me and take the photos they need rather than use my fuel and miles up on something I know they won't rectify next week!
Seems a bit odd that they need photos if there's been a bulletin!!
Hope the quote wasn't too horrendous!

daisy

Post by daisy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:18 pm

Frankly I can see no reason to have a car for a day to take a few photos. Waste of time. They took photos of my car's damage outside in the parking area, went inside and produced a quote. 15 minute job. Can't see the difference.

Pinksparkles

Post by Pinksparkles » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:20 pm

I've just emailed them to ask if they can come to me to take the photos.
I also mentioned the bulletin and the seal composition concerns.
Will let you know what comes back.

dtaylor

Post by dtaylor » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi,

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I too have had the problem. I was the first to take ownership of a Q2 in the UK back in November and overall I am very pleased with the car and features... and have now done over 16,000 miles. I have been following this thread with interest.

I wash it nearly every week weather permitting. I cannot consciously say when but noticed this weekend (before I washed all the trim) that the mottling effect was no long there. I know I have had the car for almost ten months but perhaps the issue is due to the natural oils in the seals and over this amount of time they have stabilised and any oil residue has weakened. Maybe their composition is slightly different to what has been used previously but overtime it looks like they do come good. Not that there should be an issue in the first place and nor should you have to wait that amount of time for all to be OK but just worth noting.