Oddly mottled rubber window seals

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Pinksparkles

Re: Oddly mottled rubber window seals

Post by Pinksparkles » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:47 pm

You make an interesting point, which would give the rest of us hope the issue would resolve itself, however my poor Q2 will never in its lifetime have as many washes as yours already has had!

In regards to my other post, Audi are now coming to me to take photos of the seals (probably next week now) and will make a decision from there....
Proud owner of the Q2 1.4 TFSI Automatic S line in Daytona Grey :lol: endearly nicknamed Kryton!

milo

Post by milo » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:55 pm

today i received a call from audi uk and they have arranged for dealership to renew all rubber trims round the windows . this is the brand directive to the on going problem on all q2s with this problem . obviously they think it wont happen again . im not so sure . but will take the offer up .

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:13 pm

Clearly they have admitted the problem exists. Please let us know if the new seals are problem free. I'm still deciding what to do.

milo

Post by milo » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:09 pm

well took car to audi and they didnt replace them but just cleaned them . still didnt fix problem . so more calls and then hey presto booked in to change them . but sadly have to report they are just the same if not worse than before . sending more photos in to head office audi for it to be looked at again.

IanQ2

Post by IanQ2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:27 pm

I have had my car coming up 1 month now and have not experienced this at all.

I did however strip off all contaminants from the car using Gyeon Prep which is an alcohol based oil and grease remover at purchase then applied layers of Zaino to protect.

daisy

Post by daisy » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:23 pm

I declined to have mine replaced some weeks ago because I asked if the replacement would be like for like and was told yes. I then said am I likely to have the same problem and dealership said yes. So couldn't see the point of undergoing the work because until Audi accept there's a manufacturing/composition problem it won't be solved. I just use the vinyl cleaner after my car has been washed. Does improve it a bit but hardly the point when you buy a premium brand vehicle!

milo

Post by milo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:46 pm

audi have come back to me with still ongoing problem for many . but have given me a free service am happy with that for now as its worth 268 . for first service . ouch .

IanQ2

Post by IanQ2 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:31 am

For those who are suffering from this I recommend degreasing the rubbers as I did this and have had none of the issues you all seem to be having. Can has only been washed about 3 times in 2 months so its not because I wash regularly.

I used Gyeon Prep to degrease them (and the whole car) prior to the paint being sealed up with Zaino.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”