Oddly mottled rubber window seals

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Pinksparkles

Re: Oddly mottled rubber window seals

Post by Pinksparkles » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:49 pm

Just got back from dealers - it's markings from the rain (ahhhhh I see 🤔) and will have to wash them with soapy water when it's stops then dry them with, wait for it, a microfibre cloth!
Basically stop making a mountain out of a molehill!
Will let Audi UK know the good news....
Proud owner of the Q2 1.4 TFSI Automatic S line in Daytona Grey :lol: endearly nicknamed Kryton!

daisy

Post by daisy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:22 pm

Really. Right I'm off to wash mine now with the shampoo supplied with the paintguard and the microfibre cloth that came in the pack.

According to my chat with the Audi case manager today my car needs to go in and he'll be able to support me when he hears from the dealership! :roll:

Pinksparkles

Post by Pinksparkles » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:07 pm

Hmmm you should see the mess I've been left with, one side done by the valet guy and the other by the warranty manager... waiting till it rains now!!

Just been offered a case manager...perhaps they will allocate the same one to deal with the issues, I would encourage everyone who is having the issue to contact Audi. I have just suggested they should be telling all owners the same info and all dealers should be given the correct info to deal with the issues!

Phew is it only Monday?!
Proud owner of the Q2 1.4 TFSI Automatic S line in Daytona Grey :lol: endearly nicknamed Kryton!

daisy

Post by daisy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:53 pm

I have cleaned two seals on the rear passenger door with Autoglym shampoo (the cloth was black after rubbing the seals) then I dried off with a microfibre cloth. I then used Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care and polished with microfibre. These were provided by Audi. The two seals I cleaned look much better and I can't see the mottling now. However, I give it three days before it looks like the rest again! The case manager told me today it won't be 'flagged up' as an issue until more vehicles are sold and, basically, more complaints are received. So everyone should take time to call customer care and log this problem - takes only a couple of minutes - then perhaps they won't be so patronising!

Pinksparkles

Post by Pinksparkles » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:45 pm

I think there'll be some rain in the next couple of days so let me know what happens. I'm certainly not going to be rushing out to clean seals every time it rains!
Will wait for my case manager to contact me!

daisy

Post by daisy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:11 pm

Today I presented myself at the dealership and spoke to the after sales manager and showed him the 'before and after' cleaning evidence. He was extremely helpful - he agreed the seals are poor - he's prepared to change them and Audi are prepared to pay 70% - where the rest comes from is up to them. As far as I'm concerned it's Audi's problem; it's unacceptable on what is suppose to be a premium brand to have this and they should bear the cost. Apparently it's a two day job. Watch this space.

Pinksparkles

Post by Pinksparkles » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:04 pm

Well that is an interesting option! I will very much be looking forward to your update!
I'm still waiting for a case manager to contact me, my money is on sometime never!!
After sales is not looking good right now!

milo

Post by milo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:33 am

i too have noticed mottling and will call audi customer services tom .

milo

Post by milo » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:31 pm

i called customer services and they say no one mentioning problem . have called local dealership and they say not covered by warranty but will take a look . they have noticed other q2s all have same problem aswell . im emailing audi customer services with picture of seals and case number too.

daisy

Post by daisy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:17 pm

I understand it's not a listed problem at the moment. More people need to complain. I have an Audi case manager - ask them to escalate your complaint to one and they should then check with the other case managers. At least two of us on here have a case manager who should liaise with your dealer.

My dealer is quite prepared to change all the seals (see my earlier post). However at the moment they will be changing like for like. Surely they are going to have to change the composition of the rubber seals as there's clearly a problem. I've talked to my dealership manager and decided to wait a while before changing otherwise i feel sure I'll be having it done twice because this problem will re-occur unless the new seals are different.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”