Edition # 1 colors?

All Audi Q2 related discussions
PoGo

Edition # 1 colors?

Post by PoGo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:09 am

Hi guys! This i my first post :)
I'm just before my order placement for Q2. I really love the Edition#1 it looks so great on catalogue photos but I didn't had chance to check it with my own eyes.
I know that Edition colour is Quantum grey. I was wondering about bottom side skirts and side blade. Are they black or are they manhattan grey like in options? I really wanted the edition#1 but unfortunately these rims - 19" are too big for me. They look great but car is very stiff with such a big wheels.
I was trying to make similar configuration with quantum grey, manhattan grey and black packet. But it looks like manhattan grey is very close to quantum grey. I don't know how it will look like, I'm afraid these colours are too close and the difference will be very little. I can bearly see the difference on configurator visualisation.

edit
I found photos of Q2 probably quantum with manhattan grey bottom. Manhattan looks nearly black. It's not Edition#1 because it doesn't have S-line and Audi logo on side blades.

IMG_5595.PNG

IMG_5594.PNG

Zrzut ekranu 2017-08-10 o 09.08.18.png

Squillaudi

Re: Edition # 1 colors?

Post by Squillaudi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:10 pm

Edition #1 contrast color is brilliant black. Manhattan grey is something else.

If you build your own version, you cannot have the brilliant black, you cannot have the Quantum grey and you cannot have the silver color S Line kit.
At least, I couldn't get these options in the UK configurator.

You will never get an Edition #1 look-a-like. But yeah, Manhattan grey is the closest you can get...

Squillaudi

Post by Squillaudi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:17 pm

Oh, and I forgot something very very important since you said you haven't saw the Edition #1 with your own eyes:

Catalogue and press photos are indeed beautiful and when I see it, I want to buy that color. But in real life depending on the day light / weather conditions and depending on the angle you watch it, there's some kind of a beige tone instead of pure grey. And it's definitely not metallic so... the color is very homogenous.

For me, this "beige effect" is ugly and I didn't get the Edition #1 for that reason...

Here's a picture where you can see it:

If you want to get this color, I truly recommend you to take a REAL look at a Audi dealer, because you may don't like it...

EDIT: just realised that the photos you posted demonstrate exactly this phenomenon. :D

PoGo

Post by PoGo » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi! Thx for answering. That's what I was afraid. Edition's got brilliant black trim not manhattan grey.
We will see quantum today on a sample. I will compare it to nano and than decide. Maybe will go with nano and sline+black trim package. (it looks like in the image below)
But in our Polish (I'm from Poland) configurator you can get Quantum and s-line but you can't get brilliant black trim.

Zrzut ekranu 2017-08-11 o 14.30.40.png

Squillaudi

Post by Squillaudi » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:28 pm

In that case you can buy the car with Manhattan trim and later get it painted in brilliant black in a custom shop. It's not "official" but you get the result you wanted. ;)

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”