Audi Q2 Forum banner

Q2 servicing costs

55K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  pauluk 
#1 ·
Hi,
Q2 is my first Audi and it's just coming up to its first service at 19,000 miles

I've been told as it's on the long life service it needs 'inspection and oil change'. Sounds like a basic first service to me.

I've been quoted just under £400 by one dealer and £350 by another. Are these normal prices for a first service on a 1.4 audi? If so is this basically Audi applying the Audi tax to servicing also as I presume they are not doing anything out of the ordinary in their servicing. I'm just surprised it's higher than any main dealer service I've ever had on my previous non-Audi's, by quite some margin. And it's only a first oil change service!

Thanks

#27 ·
Ask the dealers directly if there are any servicing deals running. A lot of these dealers are now in a group and when you contact them, you're not actually speaking to the dealers. I rang Audi and was given a quote of £580 for my A7's first service. When I actually went to the dealers themselves to get the work done, the lady there said that, with a current deal, they'd do it for £390.

#28 ·
Had my second service yesterday at 39,434 miles. Basic service plus spark plugs which are due at 40,000 miles.

I obtained various quotes beforehand. Initially I went to the dealer I purchased the car from (Audi Derby)... their initial price was £612!!! Outraged at that price and said as much. They dropped it to £551 and I still said that was far too high and asked if that was their best price which they then came back with £505.

Left it to check with other dealerships. Contacted Audi Coventry who initially quoted £467 but lowered it to £420. Tried one more... Audi Tamworth who quoted £522 and wouldn't budge from that. I went back to Audi Derby again as that is the closest to me who gave me a fourth price of £483. It really is outrageous... no customer loyalty after spending so much with them on a car that they quote an insulting amount for a service and then are willing to drop it by around 20% with little effort. How many people accept the first price? Anyway... went to Audi Coventry for the £420 quote. Still a lot but almost £200 different to the initial price I had from Derby and worth the journey... even on principle.

The breakdown of the costs including VAT are as follows...

£ 201.25 Service
£ 8.26 Oil Filter
£ 3.70 Plug
£ 3.62 Washer
£ 23.98 Platinum 5L
£ 179.19 Spark Plugs x4 (Including labour)
________
£420.00
=======

Here's a link to a Google sheet with both my 1st and 2nd Service costs... if anyone wishes to add theirs... http://tiny.cc/Q2_Service

I'm happy with the service and Audi Coventry... all who I dealt with were professional and treated me well. Still a lot of money but kind of what you expect from a premium brand...

After around two years three months of owning the Q2 I am generally happy with the car and features. Will probably be my last service though and trade it in in around six months or so...

#30 ·
Hi all, newby here considering buying a Q2 30 Sport s-tronic, new or near-new. I've owned several A3s in the past and a succession of Golfs, mainly of the GT or GTi varieties.

I have to say I find these Audi dealers service prices make pretty scary reading. I'm wondering if a way round the problem is to use my local VW dealer in Newark who is very good and charges a little under the VW servicing offer prices. Currently the official Golf minor service rate is £179 and the major £349. As most if not all of the service parts and procedures will be the exact same items for Q2 and Golf I would have thought this would legally mean that warranties would be unaffected.

I'm sure the Audi dealers would try to dissuade doing this but what do others think?

#34 ·
Hi there,

First time poster. Had a test drive in a Q2 over the weekend and really liked it.

Reading this thread about Q2 servicing costs had me a little concerned.

Should I be worth considering a service plan such as the ones listed at https://beta.audi.co.uk/owners-area/service-plan.html ?

£468 for 2 services if under 3 years old, or £360 if over 3 years.

Related question: what if my annual mileage is closer to 6,000 miles per year. Does that mean my Q2 would need a service at 3 years (18,000) and 6 years (36,000). Or realistically am I going to see a service required every two years?

Many thanks,

Richard.

#35 ·
Hi Richard,
My 2 year old q2 1.4 TSFI dsg had its first service yesterday.
I believe that if you are under 9000 miles in the first year then you need an oil change at 12 months. Exceed 9000 and you can go to 2 years, or 19000 whichever comes first.
To be honest, mine was just under 9000 at 12 months, but as I always give it a good run I delayed it until now.
Cost wise, I had read on here that you would struggle to get it done foe less than £375 around the M25 area, but I am nearer the coast.
The first quote, (20 minutes away) wanted £434 plus £25 to collect and deliver back.
The next Main dealer (45 minutes away) was £379, but after a bit of light banter came down to £339 which I was happy with.
This included a Pollen filter and full maintenance check. The Castrol Edge oil was £67 which is cheaper than seen elsewhere on the forum.
This will proberably be the only service that I will have to pay for, as I am likely to trade it in within the next year so a service deal would not have suited me.
Not sure what engine you are after, but I am holding back as I am pleased with my current 1.4 engine, but very wary of the new 1.5 (35).
There seems to be an issue with kangerooing in low gear. I thought it only related to the VW T Roc manual gearbox, but appears to be an issue across the board including Seat, Skoda, and now am seeing comments on here relating to the Q2 S tronic
Hope this helps,
Regards
Daytel

Q2 1.4 dsg S tronic Glacier White Manhattan Grey blades
LED lights / park assist / Side and Rear cross traffic assist / Folding mirrors / self dim rear view mirror / Privacy glass / flat bottom steering wheel / Brushed Ali inlays in place of red / Duel zone climate control

#36 ·
Unfortunately doing just 6,000 miles a year most mechanics who know there stuff would recommend every 12 months if your low milage is just short journeys, if your journeys are longish but your mileage is low because you don't use your car very often the 24months intervals would be alright.
I know this sounds odd as it did to me as I do low mileage but it was explained to me that the oil degrades due to condensation forming from the engine not getting up to temt.

#38 ·
Alanmelon said:
I've just had a reminder for my first (2 year) service. They included the attached details for a two service plan. I just wondered if this looks like decent value for money or if I should look at haggling or shopping around?20190604_131148.jpg
Contact your dealer directly. That seems like a auto generated quote or just online info. I have seen people on other forums regularly getting a normal service for around 160 and service and inspection for around 250. Perhaps ask your dealer to include the 1st MOT in too?

#40 ·
Whilst independent servicing probably does not affect warranty if done to Audi schedules, try telling the valuer who looks at your car come trade-in time. My last two year old A1 which was absolutely perfect was marked down 5% when I could not locate a service docket. Arnold Clark not interested in Audi electronic records. No Audi proof or third party proof would have cost me £700. Luckily I found it.

#41 ·
tony4147 said:
My wife's Q2 is due it's first service, very surprised at the quote of £355, I've just had the first service on a BMW M240, 6 cyl for £299, Audi are taking the ****
Tony
First quotes are inflated, push for an improved price, then push again as most dealers will have the ability to reduce prices on request, but not all at once.

#42 ·
Anybody got a breakdown of required servicing parts for a simple oil service. I've been quoted £296 for an "Oil Change Service" at Audi Bradford. If I wanted an inspection and oil service it's £455. Absolute joke considering earlier posts suggest 5L of oil is less than £50...

It's for a Audi Q2 2.0 TFSI Quattro if it makes any difference.

#45 ·
I have mine and my wife's done by a local garage, and have done for years. He accesses the Audi System, and I receive a confirmation from Audi that I have a FSH. In addition, he updates software and tells me what he has updated. He cannot carry out warranty work, so that is done about 20 miles away by an Audi dealer. I believe my service guy pays £7 per "hit" to Audi Gmbh to access their system and I'm sure that's built in to my service cost. Still around 60% of an Audi dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.