Audi Q2 Forum banner

Q2 servicing costs

55K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  pauluk 
#1 ·
Hi,
Q2 is my first Audi and it's just coming up to its first service at 19,000 miles

I've been told as it's on the long life service it needs 'inspection and oil change'. Sounds like a basic first service to me.

I've been quoted just under £400 by one dealer and £350 by another. Are these normal prices for a first service on a 1.4 audi? If so is this basically Audi applying the Audi tax to servicing also as I presume they are not doing anything out of the ordinary in their servicing. I'm just surprised it's higher than any main dealer service I've ever had on my previous non-Audi's, by quite some margin. And it's only a first oil change service!

Thanks

#2 ·
Hi,

I was going to start a similar thread myself.

I have my first service scheduled for next Friday, 24th. I too have the 1.4 TFSI and by then will have just done over 20,000 miles. Took me almost four weeks to get the car booked in due to wanting a courtesy car. They originally quoted me £467.65 for the same first service and inspection. I said that is a bit high so they dropped it to £423.15. I eventually got them down to £397.50 but like you, still feel it is very excessive. My previous first services on other non-Audi cars was less than £200. It does seem very steep but... it looks like you buy into a premium brand and you tend to pay premium prices for everything related... as well as their shiny showrooms.

BTW... They mentioned a recall that is out too... something to do with an ECU update for the mechanical break. Will find out more next week. That is a free update that would have been carried out regardless of the service. Not sure why they didn't contact me beforehand though.

Will be interesting to hear other first service costs including the inspection which I believe is only carried out every 19,000 miles... those with less miles may pay less as don't have the inspection and just the oil change.

#3 ·
Audi say they will price match other garages. So I spoke to Halfords autocentres how much their manufacturers service option costs and they said £160, and I double checked they would order and use genuine Audi parts for it which they confirmed in writing they would.

Took that to Audi and they refused to price match it, saying the 'parts alone costs £120.' For oil, fuel filter and pollen filter!

Best I was able to get as a discount to £300 for the service, which I took as I want the software updated to hopefully resolve some bugs I've been seeing.

But this price gouging is crazy.

#5 ·
I realise not related to a Q2 ..... which by the way my wife owns a Q2 1.6tdi S line .... but I just had my A6 Allroad Sport 3.0lt V6 tdi in for its first inspection and oil change service .... 2 years old and just 9,000 miles and my total bill was £330.92 so I would think that your quotes of £350 plus for a petrol Q2 seem excessive to me .... I would be expecting much less than that when my wife's Q2 will be two years old in November 2018 ...... current mileage at a year old is just 3,000 miles !!!

#6 ·
I asked them for a break down of the cost of the parts that were being replaced

Oil filter £7.96
Pollen filter £27.16
Sump plug - £3.33
4.5 litres of oil £107.72

There you go, over £100 for 4.5 litres of oil!! What is it made of, gold?

#7 ·
#9 ·
Received my car back from servicing.

There was absolutely no new software available for the vehicle. So there was no point sending it into Audi for the service.

Next time I will ask first if there's any new software available. If not, I'll just take the car to a third party using the 'manufacturers service' option and save 50%!

#10 ·
Had my first service yesterday after doing 20,416 miles.

Cannot fault the people I dealt with and the service itself... was made to feel very welcome and a valued customer... the price was less than that quoted too which was a little odd but a bonus.

Still... the price was very high for what amounts to an oil change.

The breakdown (including VAT) was as follows...

£ 268.80 Service
£ 7.96 Oil Filter
£ 3.34 Plug
£ 3.34 Washer
£ 7.00 Screenwash
£ 78.00 Shell Helix Ultra Professional 0W-30 4L
--------------
£ 368.44
========

Exactly the same oil is available delivered for less than £40...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00U2M48SQ/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I10N138MEU2P7D&colid=759X9VJORMQ8

#15 ·
silus said:
Surprised they went with shell oil. They usually use Castrol edge long life professional 3. Wonder if there's any difference.

At least the Shell is cheaper than what I was charged for the castrol!
I agree... the manual states that Castrol Professional Edge is their recommended... no doubt would have cost more if they had used that too...

#20 ·
Just been quoted £380 inc VAT for 19000 service. With a bit of haggling and me supplying the oil (£50 for 5l delivered) , now quoted £295 inc VAT.

So a nice £35 saving and 0.5l of oil spare.

(still a lot of money for what is in effect just an oil and filter change!)

#21 ·
It is very expensive.

Can be done only at Audi dealers?

#23 ·
certainly suprised about the cost of servicing ,
audi financing have a selection of options that include maintenance at prices not much more than the service only rates ,maybe better value , especially when the service has to done to keep integrity of warranty
they can be also be paid for monthly

#24 ·
Genuinely surprised Audi UK doesn't offer complimentary oil service.
In Slovakia they give you 3 years oil & filter servicing for free automatically but I have also purchased +3 years for 670EUR. So 6 years of oil service at no extra cost. Funny how one car brand has not only different car trim spec per country but also customer care standards vary.

#25 ·
10yrs warranty and free servicing here in Switzerland. We pay more for our cars though so i guess its worked in to that.

Just a side note, i think most PCP deals or even Audi warranty rules dont state that your car has to be serviced at Audi only. It usually says Genuine Audi authorised dealership. This means that you can get it done way cheaper by a genuine Audi approved 3rd party. Check your contract. Some differ. If its Audi approved then its fine and will be half price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.