Q2 servicing costs

All Audi Q2 related discussions
shiffty

Re: Q2 servicing costs

Post by shiffty » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:59 pm

It is very expensive.

Can be done only at Audi dealers?
NEW Audi Q2 1.5 TFSI Sport , S tronic, 150 HP , RED
+ Technology Pack, Driver Assistance Pack Advanced , Rear-View Camera, Dual-Zone Electronic Climate Control , 4-Way Electric Lumbar Support, Heated Front Seats, Privacy Glass
Ordered 12/11/18

yaz2010

Post by yaz2010 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:43 pm

I have tried 5 dealers around m25 and cheapest I have got is 379. I am so confused , my friends jaguar xe was done for 320.

Q2owner

Post by Q2owner » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:41 pm

certainly suprised about the cost of servicing ,
audi financing have a selection of options that include maintenance at prices not much more than the service only rates ,maybe better value , especially when the service has to done to keep integrity of warranty
they can be also be paid for monthly

aidam11

Post by aidam11 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 am

Genuinely surprised Audi UK doesn't offer complimentary oil service.
In Slovakia they give you 3 years oil & filter servicing for free automatically but I have also purchased +3 years for 670EUR. So 6 years of oil service at no extra cost. Funny how one car brand has not only different car trim spec per country but also customer care standards vary.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:18 am

10yrs warranty and free servicing here in Switzerland. We pay more for our cars though so i guess its worked in to that.

Just a side note, i think most PCP deals or even Audi warranty rules dont state that your car has to be serviced at Audi only. It usually says Genuine Audi authorised dealership. This means that you can get it done way cheaper by a genuine Audi approved 3rd party. Check your contract. Some differ. If its Audi approved then its fine and will be half price.

keeper

Post by keeper » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:36 am

I had my old A3 serviced at Audi Doctor in Stockport, provided an invoice with all Audi part numbers.

Ex Audi/VW tech, never had an issue and I voluntarily terminated the PCP and the finance company didn’t bat an eyelid.

pxr5

Post by pxr5 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:35 pm

Ask the dealers directly if there are any servicing deals running. A lot of these dealers are now in a group and when you contact them, you're not actually speaking to the dealers. I rang Audi and was given a quote of £580 for my A7's first service. When I actually went to the dealers themselves to get the work done, the lady there said that, with a current deal, they'd do it for £390.

dtaylor

Post by dtaylor » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:06 pm

Had my second service yesterday at 39,434 miles. Basic service plus spark plugs which are due at 40,000 miles.

I obtained various quotes beforehand. Initially I went to the dealer I purchased the car from (Audi Derby)... their initial price was £612!!! Outraged at that price and said as much. They dropped it to £551 and I still said that was far too high and asked if that was their best price which they then came back with £505.

Left it to check with other dealerships. Contacted Audi Coventry who initially quoted £467 but lowered it to £420. Tried one more... Audi Tamworth who quoted £522 and wouldn't budge from that. I went back to Audi Derby again as that is the closest to me who gave me a fourth price of £483. It really is outrageous... no customer loyalty after spending so much with them on a car that they quote an insulting amount for a service and then are willing to drop it by around 20% with little effort. How many people accept the first price? Anyway... went to Audi Coventry for the £420 quote. Still a lot but almost £200 different to the initial price I had from Derby and worth the journey... even on principle.

The breakdown of the costs including VAT are as follows...

£ 201.25 Service
£ 8.26 Oil Filter
£ 3.70 Plug
£ 3.62 Washer
£ 23.98 Platinum 5L
£ 179.19 Spark Plugs x4 (Including labour)
________
£420.00
=======

Here's a link to a Google sheet with both my 1st and 2nd Service costs... if anyone wishes to add theirs... http://tiny.cc/Q2_Service

I'm happy with the service and Audi Coventry... all who I dealt with were professional and treated me well. Still a lot of money but kind of what you expect from a premium brand...

After around two years three months of owning the Q2 I am generally happy with the car and features. Will probably be my last service though and trade it in in around six months or so...

Argyll

Post by Argyll » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:21 pm

Yes, the services are over-priced for what they are. On the plus side, 2p per mile doesn't sound too bad.

zevon77

Post by zevon77 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:54 am

Hi all, newby here considering buying a Q2 30 Sport s-tronic, new or near-new. I've owned several A3s in the past and a succession of Golfs, mainly of the GT or GTi varieties.

I have to say I find these Audi dealers service prices make pretty scary reading. I'm wondering if a way round the problem is to use my local VW dealer in Newark who is very good and charges a little under the VW servicing offer prices. Currently the official Golf minor service rate is £179 and the major £349. As most if not all of the service parts and procedures will be the exact same items for Q2 and Golf I would have thought this would legally mean that warranties would be unaffected.

I'm sure the Audi dealers would try to dissuade doing this but what do others think?

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”