Satnav updates

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Graham

Satnav updates

Post by Graham » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:22 pm

I haven't updated my satnav database since I got my Q2 in November 2016. Before the Q2 I used a removable TomTom that got quarterly updates, and I'm now noticing the difference it makes!

I have the SD card based satnav - the standard fit on Sport trim level (i.e. without the Tech Pack).

The online chatter about satnav updates is confusing, but it sounds expensive! Has anyone else looked into this? What's the frequency of updates, what's the procedure, and what's the cost?
Q2 1.4 TFSi Sport S-Tronic in Coral orange/Manhattan grey
Driver Assistance Pack, Comfort Pack, DIS colour display

milo

Re: Satnav updates

Post by milo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:36 pm

i rang audi uk and they extended my free sat nav with updates

Graham

Post by Graham » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:42 pm

milo wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:36 pm
i rang audi uk and they extended my free sat nav with updates
Just to clarify, is your satnav SD card based, or did you get over-the-air updates? I think the latter is only available with the HD based system, as in the Tech Pack.

milo

Post by milo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:46 pm

mine is sd card based but they said the down loads were automatic as you had to pay after 1 year but the system isnt up and running correctly yet so free on asking .

pxr5

Post by pxr5 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:43 pm

I'm pretty sure that the SD card system would require a new version installed and certainly not downloaded automatically OTA. milo, did they give you a new Satnav SD Card?

Audi will give an extra year Audi Connect/Sim access for free as they haven't figured out how to bill this yet, but it wouldn't update the SD Satnav.

My wife has a Q2 and has just had the free Audi Connect/Sim update for a year, but it hasn't had a nav update dur to this. I have an A7 with Tech Pack and even that requires an download on a PC and then copy to SD card to update (all done through MyAudi). I could download in the car but it would take a lot of data (13GB) and a long time to download over my data sim. I get 3 years free map updates with a Tech Pack.

Graham

Post by Graham » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:02 pm

My Audi dealer has now quoted £267.40 inc. VAT for supply and fitting of the new SD card - with 2018 database version in this case. The card has to be activated with a unique code, and only the dealer can do this.

I protested at the high cost of this (compared to TomTom updates, for example) and he's going to speak to Audi to see if there's a less expensive option.