Audi Q2 Forum banner

Delivery time

36K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  DrXlord 
#1 ·
I ordered my Q2 two weeks ago, the dealer said it can take up to 20 weeks for delivery!
I've got the link through which allows you to track it, currently saying that it will start production on 9th April.
Just wondered what sort of time frame other people got theirs in?

#10 ·
Ordered Q2 end January, arrived port Grimsby 2 April 2018 still waiting delivery to dealer. Was given estimated delivery week beginning 26th March. Would have felt happier if they had said could be mid April. Gave us false hope. Very frustrated. Have sold our present car privately so desperate for delivery.

#15 ·
Hi all, I placed my order for the Q2 1.4 Petrol Daytona Grey S Line on the 3rd of April, the dealer told me that he was able to modify an existing slot to speed things up. So far, these are the timings according to the tracker.

17/04/18 - 10 - Order Received
26/04 - 20 - Preperation
10/05 - 21 - Panel Shop
11/05 - 22 - Paint Shop
12/05 - 23 - Assembly
14/05- 24 - Quality Control
16/05 - 30 - Your Audi has left Ingolstadt
22/05- 38 - At Emden

The car started production a few days earlier than the expected 'build date' which I was pleased about but now feel like I've been waiting forever for it to be shipped from the port. But I have been very lucky with the time it's took so far!
Spoken to Audi customer care this morning and they said it can take up-to 15 days to leave the port, currently on day 7.

Then just these few remaining steps!

39 - On the boat
40 - Ready for Transport to the dealer
60 - Left UK Port on the way to the dealer
70 - Arrived at dealer - Call to make your collection plans

Fingers crossed it comes soon, I'm without a car at the moment which is a bit annoying.
Has anyone else had to wait long for shipping? It's probably worth mentioning I live in Greater Manchester.

#17 ·
Ravic said:
Hi Q2luke, just wondering have you received your car yet? I'm in Manchester too and my Q2 is currently in quality control. Trying to work out when to sell my car.
Hi, I'm going picking it up tomorrow! Once it got into the UK it arrived at the dealers within the same week. I'm guessing if mine is anything to go off, you've got about a month to go. Hopefully it doesn't take too long :)

I've been without a car for a short while so tomorrow is definitely long overdue!

#18 ·
Q2luke said:
Ravic said:
Hi Q2luke, just wondering have you received your car yet? I'm in Manchester too and my Q2 is currently in quality control. Trying to work out when to sell my car.
Hi, I'm going picking it up tomorrow! Once it got into the UK it arrived at the dealers within the same week. I'm guessing if mine is anything to go off, you've got about a month to go. Hopefully it doesn't take too long :)

I've been without a car for a short while so tomorrow is definitely long overdue!
Thanks for getting back to me, not too much longer then. I don't want to be without a car for too long so trying to time it right. Have fun picking up your new car tomorrow! 😊

#19 ·
Does anyone know if the factory closed down in August for a holiday period ? We are yet to be given a tracker number so have no idea when to expect the cat other than the blanket message of 20 weeks. Other car is sold so the winter delivery date looks a long cold time away.

#21 ·
Marcusengland said:
Does anyone know if the factory closed down in August for a holiday period ? We are yet to be given a tracker number so have no idea when to expect the cat other than the blanket message of 20 weeks. Other car is sold so the winter delivery date looks a long cold time away.
I cancelled my order which was placed early June, delivery was supposed to be hear for the new reg September 1st but when I read on hear about people tracking there order I rang Audi customer service only to be told that my order number was only thr dealers admin number and the factory at that point hadn't even excepted the order.
The factory has been closed for four weeks not for holidays but to sort the engines out, nothing macanicle but one dealer said it was the emissions and another dealer said no it was about the fuel figures Audi were quoting so who knows.
I then went out and bought a #1 limited edition demo which just 23 miles on it and and must say love it hope you get news soon

#22 ·
Thanks for your reply, making me wonder. I still have no tracking information from the factory I have only seen a screen print of an Audi screed with a number displayed. perhaps I too should call Audi Customer Services....

#23 ·
Have used the order number to now see the opening page of the tracker so think I can see the car I ordered But...
Has anyone else notice the engine change from 1.4 to 1.5 Ltr R4110 DSG petrol ? Audi AU276 . Dealer has said they will now be using the A3 engine in the Q2 . Is this a better power unit ?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.