1.0 Litre TFSI Petrol

All Audi Q2 related discussions
wgodfrey89

1.0 Litre TFSI Petrol

Post by wgodfrey89 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:22 pm

Hi all

Just thought I'd visit the forums to learn a bit more about my new car - a nano-grey 1.0 litre TFSI Petrol Audi Q2 that I'm having factory ordered, hopefully arriving at the end of June/early July. I've had an Audi A1 for the last couple of years, which I liked, but was quite basic spec'd and a little on the small side, which is why I decided to trade it in for something bigger.

I'm just wondering if everyone on here is happy with their Q2, especially those with a 1.0 litre petrol. My A1 was a 1.6 diesel so I'm guessing there shouldn't be too much difference?

Is there anything particularly good or bad about the Q2? From what I've seen online and from the test drive it seems a lovely car inside and out that drives really well. It was a 1.4 petrol that I test drove, rather than the 1 litre. What kind of MPG am I looking at in the 1 litre - as high as the 55 or so that Audi advertise?

Is the Q2 a good motorway car? Also to anyone who has factory ordered, was the car delivered on time?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Will

electric

Re: 1.0 Litre TFSI Petrol

Post by electric » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:17 am

Had my Q2 for a month and have covered 1200 miles. The little 1.0 engine is quite a revelation in so far as for me it has all the power I require and as long as you keep the revs up as it gets a little breathless if you don't its amazing. The only proviso I would point out is if you are going to have the car fully loaded with people and luggage then the 1.4 would be the better car as you really notice the drop off in acceleration and fuel economy when driving under these circumstances.
Fuel economy on rural roads at 50mph with gentle driving is around the 56 mark, however fully load the car or put your foot down and this quickly drops to 47mpg.
I have not done any motorway driving and my car was in dealer stock so I cannot comment on these points.
Q2 1.0 TFSI Sport

Q2owner

Post by Q2owner » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:52 pm

Had 1.4 tsi Cod , for month , agree the 1.0 litre , will struggle fully loaded , , but probably quite nippy around town ,
1.4 goes well , quiet , cylinder on demand when engaged , is detectable , but not obstrusive ,
Engine feels “flat”below 1500 rpm , which causes sluggishness, probably disadvantage of small engine with turbo ,
Once on the move , you would not know it was only a 1.4 !

Guvnor

Post by Guvnor » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:28 pm

AFF1F063-DEF1-46B9-B233-FBEBAB9D1B67.jpeg

We have taken delivery of a 1.0 tsi s/line delivery was pretty good from factory not as long as I thought, the car drives well smooth and for a small engine pulls well we had a A1 1.4 before ! Was getting just over 50mpg on a run the other day, will add a pic too

wgodfrey89

Post by wgodfrey89 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:55 pm

Thanks for the response everyone. I'm sure the car will be fine for me. I'm not sure which colour is the best (I really love the quantum grey but unfortunately I think that's only available on the Black Edition versions) but whatever colour I get I think it will be a great car to drive. I'm really looking forward to the black and red cloth interior and getting to use all the various features. It's very different from my old car which by comparison was very low down, didn't have Sat Nav, cruise control or an armrest. I really enjoyed test driving the Q2 and made my mind up that that was the car for me quite quickly afterwards. I was thinking about the Mercedes A class as well but didn't like the cabin at all - so dark and claustrophobic and low down - and the Mazda CX-3, which was a bit nicer but still a bit plasticy inside and not 100% convincing on the outside. One last thing, does anyone have the 18 inch wheels on their Q2, who'd be kind enough to share a photo? Thanks again guys 8-)