Audi Q2 Forum banner

Apple Car Play

8K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  davideszabo 
#1 ·
Is anyone else having issues with Apple Car Play? Worked fine last week. Now it just won't load despite plugging/unplugging and resetting my iPhone. I've also updated the iPhone software, still nothing! Checked all the settings on the Audi Smartphone Manager/Connection settings. Getting rather frustrating now. Car is a Q2 Sport TFSI with virtual cockpit and steptronic. Phone is an iPhone SE 2018.

#2 ·
Mines fine, have you tried a different cable.
A little bug was floating about where CarPlay would not start if the phone was locked even if you had selected that option.
Mine did take bout 30 seconds to connect, I always turn on car, unlock phone, plug in and wait.

The only related thing I could see on a forum is the link below.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/audi-carplay-issues.2104704/

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I managed to find the fault. It appears updating my iPhone to iOS 12.1 changed the 'Contents and Privacy Restrictions' settings (under 'Settings'/ 'Screen Time') so that CarPlay and other apps were no longer 'Allowed'. I reversed this change, then had to go back to MMI and select my iPhone box under 'AUDI SmartPhone Interface'/'Audi SmartPhone'.

#4 ·
Mine did the same but I think its the USB connector under the arm rest that is the issue for me. I plugged the cable into the USB port by the 12v charge point under the dash by the cup holder and it works fine.

Check if this works for you as it could be you have a damaged USB port also, Doubt it is a warrant part though if it is and they look to be expensive for what they are.

#5 ·
Morning All,
New to the forum and Q2 ownership with experience in owning our family RS4 only.

Would start with a little accessory suggestion to all Q2 and Apple CarPlay fans with hope of admin approval :)

https://joli.design/collections/iphone-car-mount/products/iphone-car-mount-charger-2019-model?variant=21206952575059

Have a great day everyone!

:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.