Re new 35 1.5 TFSI Engines

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Karen0204

Re: Re new 35 1.5 TFSI Engines

Post by Karen0204 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:32 pm

Hi
I am the other person who rejected my car. Weirdly Audi Lake District were great with me. I was however well within the legal time limit
I was however disappointed to see that just like Simon S my A1 is also for sale
My Dad mentioned my rejection to his Audi dealer down south. My dad is not one for being lied to and he believes that the am Audi dealer had genuinely not heard of the problem and had even sold one to his sister in law
Interestingly the dealer also said it would be the individual dealers who would have to deal with the loss and not Audi UK. This ties with what was said to me. If true no wonder people are having issues rejecting their cars and very very bad on Audis part

Delstron

Post by Delstron » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:39 pm

New A1 model announced, showing the 1.5 petrol engine is INCLUDED in the line up.

Test drove a previous model A1 1.5 in April, it had the same issues. Old 1.4 was much perkier.

tomp

Post by tomp » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:41 am

I took delivery of a Q2 1.5 manual in May which immediately displayed the 'kangarooing' problem. After giving the dealer some time to sort the problem, it was evident there was no immediate fix available so I requested a replacement. After a couple of weeks negotiation with the dealer and their discussions with Audi, the car was replaced yesterday with a higher spec model at no extra cost. In my case, a little perseverance paid off but the dealer acted positively and in good faith.

This is a known issue (e.g. the AutoExpress article) so surely Audi/dealers have no option but to replace the affected vehicles?

SimonS

Post by SimonS » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:31 pm

tomp wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:41 am
I took delivery of a Q2 1.5 manual in May which immediately displayed the 'kangarooing' problem. After giving the dealer some time to sort the problem, it was evident there was no immediate fix available so I requested a replacement. After a couple of weeks negotiation with the dealer and their discussions with Audi, the car was replaced yesterday with a higher spec model at no extra cost. In my case, a little perseverance paid off but the dealer acted positively and in good faith.

This is a known issue (e.g. the AutoExpress article) so surely Audi/dealers have no option but to replace the affected vehicles?
Hi tomp,

Very similar happened with my new Q2, delivered early March. However, having lost confidence in the dealer after their handling of my fault report and initially my rejection request, I was not interested in discussing alternative replacement vehicles, so I went straight to the refund option (as you can read about several pages further back). I am the Q2 owner featured in the Auto Express article. I'm now driving a top spec Tucson which, while it's not the supposedly prestige brand of the Audi, it does the job, was a few £k cheaper, and has no problems so far, touch wood. (Fuel economy on the 1.6 Petrol 177ps engine is WAY worse than the Q2 however.)

Out of interest, has the dealer put your rejected vehicle on sale yet? Mine appeared on the dealer's website after a few days, and appears to have been sold a few weeks later, judging by the vehicle tax checking website. As no fix was made available after I returned it, I suspect it got sold on still with the kangarooing feature, and the new owner was not aware of the vehicle's history. Hopefully the "cutting out at junctions" feature, which only struck 4 times while we had the vehicle, won't cause them too much trouble.

Enjoy your new improved model!

Simon.

tomp

Post by tomp » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:56 pm

Simon, I'll be monitoring the dealer to see if they put the vehicle back on sale! I hope they won't disappoint me and try to palm it off to someone else.
After negotiation, I now have a 2l, 40 TFSI Quattro (at no extra cost) which is very smooth so far!

Good luck!

Delstron

Post by Delstron » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:01 pm

Did a tip run with the trailer yesterday, clearing out the daughters garage.
With trailer connected, nice smooth take off, no silly 2nd gear nonsense, drives perfect from cold.

I maintain that because the car knows a trailer is attached and adjusts one or two things to allow for this, the engine is managed differently to ensure the car can pull away with a load. I will make up a dummy plug that simulates the attachment of a trailer and give it a try.

Daytel

Post by Daytel » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:13 pm

You may have found an answer of sorts., but sadly too late for me.
I have been following the saga of the 35 1.5 engine for months, as I planned to replace my March 2017 Q2 1.4 Sport with an R line later in the year.
The Q2 is the best car that I have owned, so I looked at the options:
Go for a 30 1.0 Sport - a good little engine, but I would miss the acceleration
40 2.0 Quattro - would be great, but over the top for me as I’m now I have retired, I don’t go out in the wet, and the speed humps in Tescos are my biggest challenge, I would lose the underfloor boot space, and my insurance would go up. The list price with my chosen extras made it £36,000 which would have hurt.
I have ordered a VW T cross R.line, which has nearly everything I need as standard including 2zone Climate control, Privacy glass, Adaptive cruise control, active info display,18” wheels, blind spot monitoring inc. cross traffic alert and lane keeping system, auto dim int. mirror LED interior lighting etc. etc. All extras on the Q2.
The list price came out £5,000 cheaper, and it is surprisingly spacious.
I will miss the Q2, especially the smooth progressive steering and electronic handbrake with auto hold.
I may have got lucky, and got a replacement with no issues, but would always be apprehensive especially when we return to cold weather when many report it is worse.
I had a similar fault with a new 2013 dsg Fiesta, and it was dangerous to drive, never knowing when it would hesitate or try to stall, so I cannot risk it again. Hope the fix come quickly for those that are suffering.

Daytel

mr c

Post by mr c » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:27 pm

Doesn’t the T Roc share the same engine?

testcard

Post by testcard » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:30 pm

Delstron wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:01 pm
Did a tip run with the trailer yesterday, clearing out the daughters garage.
With trailer connected, nice smooth take off, no silly 2nd gear nonsense, drives perfect from cold.

I maintain that because the car knows a trailer is attached and adjusts one or two things to allow for this, the engine is managed differently to ensure the car can pull away with a load. I will make up a dummy plug that simulates the attachment of a trailer and give it a try.
Interesting post, and a possible fix for the issue.
*rushes out to buy a trailer - any trailer*
2019 Audi Q2 S line, 35 TFSI. Daytona grey.