Audi Q2 Forum banner

Tyre Road Noise

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  CNC 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2017 1.4TFSI Q2 Sport. When I ordered it I deleted the Sports Suspension option as I had 4 Audi A3s previously and am fully aware how firm Audi suspensions can be.

This car is fitted with the original Bridgestone Turanza AO tyres on 17 inch rims and the front ones will need changing soon.

One thing I have noticed with the Q2, is the significant road noise at motorway speed, compared with the A3s I had before. Using 'comfort' tyre pressures makes no difference. Has anyone tried any other tyres and found them to be quieter?

My last A3 was fitted with Dunlop AO tyres and when it came to replacing the front ones, my tyre shop mistakenly fitted the same size and model of tyre but not the AO version, and the tyre noise increased considerably. They admitted their mistake and swapped them for the AO version which were much quieter.

Dave

#3 ·
i agree, mine was fitted with Michelin Primacy as OE on 18 inch wheels, and I have stayed with them, quiet and hardwearing with no problems of Grip, mine isa 1.4 petrol, on good roads very quiet with little tyre noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.