How common is the 1.5 TFSI engine problem?

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Urv

Re: How common is the 1.5 TFSI engine problem?

Post by Urv » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:20 am

my wife has had her new 35tfsi 6 speed manual for several weeks travelling nearly 1,000 miles with varying short and longer journeys and absolutely NO issues, problems or “kangaroo jumping” !
Her previous Q2 was the diesel version and it was never away from the Dealer !!

1C468505-A529-41C0-9237-FB2A3C90BEE3.jpeg

Delstron

Post by Delstron » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:13 pm

Urv wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:20 am
my wife has had her new 35tfsi 6 speed manual for several weeks travelling nearly 1,000 miles with varying short and longer journeys and absolutely NO issues, problems or “kangaroo jumping” !
Her previous Q2 was the diesel version and it was never away from the Dealer !!
Probably one of the first vehicles to have the upgrade applied in the factory or at delivery. Ask the dealer if it has been done.

red105e

Post by red105e » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:22 pm

Hi new to this forum I own Q2 1.5 tfsi bought new 02/03/2019 we have had the kangarooing problem low power 2nd gear stalling since we collected the car. I took it back for Audi dealer to check out the fault which I thought was a stop start problem (ie constant stalling ) and also explained the kangarooing at low revs they kept the car for 2 days driving it constantly saying nothing found car was ok. Not knowing this was a well documented problem we decided to put up with it but have always felt wary of driving the car and also a reluctance to drive it not feeling 100% confident. After reading all the problems posted ( my wife and I are both retired in our early seventies hoping this would be our last car ) my course of action would now be return to the dealership and ask for the upgrade if they deny any upgrade is available can I return it for a refund ( cash purchase) or is there a time limit for returns current milage 5431 sorry to rabbit on any advice would be most welcome.

testcard

Post by testcard » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:26 pm

The software upgrade is well documented, at least on this forum. I would call several Audi dealers and ask their service departments about the upgrade - they should all be aware of this now. If your dealer is still in the dark, go somewhere else.
Edit: you could contact Audi UK direct, ask them to confirm that the software fix exists, and get them to confirm this with the dealer if necessary.
https://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/contact-us.html
2019 Audi Q2 S line, 35 TFSI. Daytona grey.

Delstron

Post by Delstron » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:15 am

Hope by now you have had this sorted out. My car is a March 19 and had issues from new and was reprogrammed in October. Since then the car has been very good. Please don’t suffer any longer when a cure exists, be firm and threaten to reject if necessary. Please let us know how it goes.