Audi Q2 Forum banner

Cabin Filter removal

10K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Argyll 
#1 ·
Hello fellow Q2 owners.
Can anyone offer advice as to how to remove the cabin air filter? I managed to take the plate off in the glove box but am unable to remove the next level cover. There are 6 clips that seem impossible to un-clip.
Thanks

#3 ·
I've just done this last week.

I am well used to stripping down Audi's but I have to say its one of the worst designs I have come across.

I started by popping off the three bottom clips (they are relatively easy and I just pushed them down by hand) then with a small pick tool or small flat screwdriver you need to open up the top clips while pulling the trim out. I started at the right hand side as its the only space you can get to pull out. Once off the filter pulls out easy enough but even that is slightly bigger than the hole.

Good luck, its a bit fiddly but shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.

#6 ·
I managed to get it out Ian, using your instructions then I subsequently came across some pics on the Mann Filter site which might be of use to others.

https://catalog.mann-filter.com/media/einbauanleitung/HBUwqiCm.pdf

But.............it turns out that I had ordered the wrong filter. I bought the engine air filter, not the cabin filter, so I'll have to get another one! They are almost the same size as the Audi cabin filter and I had a few wonderful moments trying to fit a square peg in a round hole until I decided that it was the wrong part :D

All part of the learning process!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.