Audi Q2 Forum banner

Q2 extra tech install? costly?

10K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  dtaylor 
#1 ·
My Q2 has the Autonomous Braking feature, forget the corret Audi terminology, but i do not have Adaptive cruise (i do have normal cruise) or any sort of extra tech like street sign recognition etc... Does the Auto braking use a camera? just wondering if the other features would be easy-ish to install or if it is mega cash? My previous A3 Sport was pretty basic but with normal cruise, got a quote of 2k for it to be adaptive cruise! im hoping it isnt as much in the Q2 since the Auto braking is installed and this might mean that other aspects are already there!

Any help would be great. :D

#3 ·
I would have thought that the "auto braking" would use the radar which is also used by the "adaptive cruise control".

It is maybe worth your while contacting "Vag Car Coding" who can install genuine Audi equipment and do all relevant coding to make sure it works properly. They are listed in the Garage Reviews section on the Audi-Sport forum. I know he came up to Scotland a while ago and everybody that he did work for seemed very happy.

#4 ·
Features such as :-
Traffic sign recognition
dynamic main beam
high beam assistant
lane departure assistant
jam assist

Are controlled via the sensor in the rear view mirror (assuming you have the correct mirror fitted) and this camera can be upgraded to do the above features if you only have high beam assist currently. If no camera is fitted none of the above will work and you would need to get the correct mirror and sensor and have the necessary coding done along with the wiring loom needed.

Looking through ETKA, it would suggest that there are two different ECU's for the front radar, a basic one and an advanced one, the latter being used for adaptive cruise control. Only one is fitted per car depending on the spec of the car.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping to get adaptive cruise fitted but looks like it might be costly. The A3 quote was £2k so obviously didn't go ahead with that. I don't mind paying out around £500 ish for certain things but any more I dont think it's worth it. Was hoping that because I have Audi Pre Sense that the camera or radar used for that might be half the equipment I needed for the other parts. It it seems not. I also do not have high beam assist which complicates it even more!

I know VAG car coding. Chatted to djalix a few times and his prices are always lower than others plus he is Audi approved which helps.

#6 ·
It is expensive. I remember a few months ago when I ordered my q2 I added options and safety things for more than 5000£.

#7 ·
shiffty said:
It is expensive. I remember a few months ago when I ordered my q2 I added options and safety things for more than 5000£.
Yep super expensive. Iv got options such as Tech pack etc... much like yours but lacking the safety elements. To be honest, i would just like a rear view camera which i know is 450 from VAG CC and the adaptive cruise. Seems like its a no go though for ACC.

#8 ·
I have managed to order the car using the www.carwow.co.uk and I was able to obtain almost 3000 £ discount from Audi Southampton. Using this reference, I went to the dealer in my city and asked them if they can match the offer. They were happy to offer the same discount for the car.
Basically, the full price was around 34000£ and I paid around 31000 £ for my combination and brand new car ( factory fitted).

G
#11 ·
Delstron said:
My local dealer (Derby) was not interested in attempting to match Carwow pricing.
Not surprised. So arrogant at Derby Audi (and Nottingham). The sales lizard told me point blank I'd buy what they wanted to sell me at the price they were offering or I knew where the door was. Unbelievable. Took all the fun out of the experience. I went to Audi, Ipswich who matched a Carwow offer. Lovely experience.

#13 ·
Jo67 said:
Delstron said:
My local dealer (Derby) was not interested in attempting to match Carwow pricing.
Not surprised. So arrogant at Derby Audi (and Nottingham). The sales lizard told me point blank I'd buy what they wanted to sell me at the price they were offering or I knew where the door was. Unbelievable. Took all the fun out of the experience. I went to Audi, Ipswich who matched a Carwow offer. Lovely experience.
Not impressed with Derby Audi myself... they initially quoted me £612 for the second service... said it was far too high so dropped it to £551... still too high so dropped again to £505. Left it to try some other dealers and ended up paying £420 @ Listers at Coventry. So saved almost £200 from their initial price. I did ask them again before accepting the Listers price and they dropped it again to £483. Outrageous. Worth the few extra miles to Coventry to save that much than be ripped off by the dealer that I purchased the car from... so much for customer loyalty... or lack of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.