Second hand Q2 from a non-Audi dealer / high mileage?

All Audi Q2 related discussions
richii

Second hand Q2 from a non-Audi dealer / high mileage?

Post by richii » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:01 am

During my search for a Q2, I have found a high spec'd Quattro but it's available from a non-Audi, independent garage. The car itself was registered 30 April 2018 and has done almost 20K miles. It was serviced by Audi Ipswich in June.

A couple of questions:

Is there anything specific I need to look out for in buying from a non-Audi dealer?
20K in miles in 15 months is much more than I would drive and above the averages I see on the Audi used car site. Should I take that as a red flag?
In terms of servicing, I presume the next service will be a major one at 24K? Or at 24 months old?
Anything I should be looking for in terms of vehicle condition or paperwork?

Richard.
Audi Q2 2.0 TFSI Quattro S Line 190bhp, S-Tronic, Tech Pack, Comfort & Sound Pack, Adaptive Cruise Control, Side Assist, Park Assist

IanQ2

Re: Second hand Q2 from a non-Audi dealer / high mileage?

Post by IanQ2 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:03 pm

Mileage would be no concern to me at all, I do more than that per year in my Q2. I would just do a car check (with RAC or similar) to check any recorded damage, if its been stolen and recovered or any outstanding finance.

Servicing on that car (based on mileage) should be set to flexible which is service every 19k/2years.

I would anticipate the car to be in good condition after 15 months, there is bound to be the odd stone chip on the bumper/bonnet/wing tops. Interior should be fresh and show little signs or wear. You should get 2 keys (you can check in the MMI how many keys are recorded from memory). Paperwork will be the usual Audi user manual and any service paperwork. Audi don't use service books any more so if there is one I would expect a stamp from an independent garage. Warranty is maintained if an independent garage services the vehicle as long as genuine parts are used and the service schedule is followed.

What engine is in it?

richii

Post by richii » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:18 pm

Thanks for the helpful reply - good to know about service books. Does that mean that when I own the car, I could register on the Audi site and view the service history there? Slightly related, do you know if there's a way for me to see the factory fitted extras for this vehicle in a similar way to the advertised vehicles on the Audi approved site? Most of the info is on the garage website but, for example, it's not clear if some extras are add-ons or if they are part of a 'pack'.

This particular mode is the 2.0 TFSI QUATTRO S LINE 5d AUTO 190 BHP.

Quite a few add-ons such as Nappa leather, virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise control, Audi side assist with cross traffic assist rear, rear view camera.

Thanks for reminding me about the car check!
Audi Q2 2.0 TFSI Quattro S Line 190bhp, S-Tronic, Tech Pack, Comfort & Sound Pack, Adaptive Cruise Control, Side Assist, Park Assist

IanQ2

Post by IanQ2 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:37 pm

Based on the spec listed I would say the car had Tech Pack and one of the Assistance Packs along with leather

If you have the VIN you can check the full vehicle spec on https://erwin.audi.com/erwin/showHome.do but its a pay per use service and you have to be able to understand what it tells you.

I'm not sure about registering with Audi (I am onto my 4th Audi now and have never done that.....maybe I am missing a trick!) I am sure someone else will know the answer to that one.

pauluk

Post by pauluk » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:03 pm

Once you own the car and register on MyAudi you can view a list of all the factory fitted options. You can also see the service history and other bits and pieces.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:29 pm

I would be checking how long the Audi warranty is for, 3yrs, 4 or 5. The warranty as standard is 3yrs but can be extended when you buy new. If you have 5yrs then your lucky. You can extend when youa re near the end of your 3rd year but it is costly comapred to buying when new. Also, dont forget that you need to check if any modifications have been made. If they have then the warranty might be invalidated. You can register on "myaudi" website now and add the car to check all servicing etc... but the website is very tempremental so dont be surprised if it doesnt work.

Do you have a link you can post so we can check it out for you? Also, check for 2keys, do a HPI check, check the manuals for any paper work that might be included. I think thats it. Its a newish car so you cant go wrong really....
Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic

frazzeld

Post by frazzeld » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:18 pm

To be able to view service records on myAudi you need to be enabled as the key user by your Audi Partner

richii

Post by richii » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:03 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help so far. I test drove the Q2 on Friday and really enjoyed it, it is a great car, great spec, fun to drive! The only downside is I am coming from a larger car with lots of boot space. The Q2 has the sound and comfort pack with the subwoofer in the boot. I read through [url]http://www.q2forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=601[/url] which suggests that it may be possible to remove the tool storage and lower the boot tray to get some extra space.

However, I'm not sure if this is applicable to the Quattro? I think I read somewhere that the Quattro mechanics ate into the boot space a little.

Is anyone able to confirm if I can / cannot use this approach to lower the boot tray in a Quattro?

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:58 pm

i have Quattro and it seems like its possible. Just the subwoofer and the plastic foam storage unit in there i think. I havent tried it but it seems ok. I think its the A3 that suffers from less boot space due to Quattro.
Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic

richii

Post by richii » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:30 pm

Thanks ormesome. Yes, it could well be the A3 that I read about less boot space in the Quattro - thought it might also carry over to Q2. The extra space would really be nice if it can be done.

I checked the warranty and it is just the standard 3 year one with the vehicle. I did a HPI check today and there is a note about outstanding finance so I need to follow-up with dealer tomorrow.

Valuing the car is a pain - I really like this spec with all the extras but Parkers suggests I am maybe paying over the odds. Having said that, it does seem comparable to those on the official Audi used car site.

Example:
https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar/i/s|10,AADO,AAEP|92,B|1024,51.48714,-0.01963,800,RTE0IDNUVw|1098,L,A|1100,110|1209,Zi7|1217,Ba11/l|12,1,PRICE_SALE,U/d|GBR00189845904/controller.htm

Advertised at £ 29,290.

Parkers suggests the following for this vehicle:

Franchised Dealer: £22,920
Independent Dealer: £22,260
Private Good: £21,460

That's quite a variation. Do the additional specs of the car really make that much of a discrepancy? Just thinking ahead really, should I sell the Q2 in one month would I already be almost £7K down?

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”