Second hand Q2 from a non-Audi dealer / high mileage?

All Audi Q2 related discussions
ormesome

Re: Second hand Q2 from a non-Audi dealer / high mileage?

Post by ormesome » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:05 pm

If you like the car and the figures add up then get it. Defo ask the dealer tomorrow about the outstanding finance. Regarding price, I can’t help you as I live in Switzerland. For comparison, my new edition 1, 2.0tdi, Quattro with quite a few extras will end up costing me around £55k! Yours seems good! :lol:

Don’t worry about the warranty just now, you can add an extra year at the 1 month expiry deadline point for around £350-400 which is good value.
Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic

frazzeld

Post by frazzeld » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:35 pm

Seems very expensive for an 18 plate, you could get a brand new Quattro with Tech pack for 32k on Car***

richii

Post by richii » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:29 pm

Thanks both. The outstanding finance on the vehicle is 'unit stocking finance'. Best description of it is here:

https://www.carmoney.co.uk/blog/what-is-unit-stocking-finance

Essentially, not a problem but "make sure the dealer confirms with you IN WRITING that they’ll settle that completely before you take ownership".

In terms of being expensive for an 18 plate, that was my concern too. The number of options on the vehicle meant that the original purchaser paid 39,300 in total, of which over 8,000 was in extras. That's list price of course and after VAT, who knows what other discounts were offered at the time.

I've tried valuations from Parkers, Honest John's and What Car and they all value the car lower than the forecourt price by a fair amount. I'm guessing they base it on a car with no extras.

For now I've stepped away. It's such a nice car though and it's pretty close to the spec I want, just not sure I can justify the price! Grrr!

pauluk

Post by pauluk » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Not saying it's a good or bad price, but that Parker's valuation and link you posted seems off to me. The dealer would certainly not overpay when they bought it, and in turn would not put an ~8k markup on there.

richii

Post by richii » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:37 pm

I've managed to come to an agreement with the dealer on price and it looks as though I will be picking up my Q2 on Thursday. Very excited!

Quick question as I'm coming from a diesel engine, but now switching to the 2.0 TFSI petrol engine.

The manual says that there may be one of three different stickers for the petrol grade:

Unleaded fuel only RON/ROZ 95 Super, Premium or min. RON/ROZ 91 Normal

Unleaded fuel only, min. RON/ROZ 95 Super, Premium

Unleaded fuel only RON/ROZ 98 Super Plus or min. RON/ROZ 95 Super, Premium

I know I will need to fill up on Thursday - any idea which of the above I am likely to need?

mr c

Post by mr c » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:10 pm

When I had my TT MK2 that was the 2.0 TFSI and I just used the normal unleaded you will find threads on premium unleaded on all forums saying defiantly use it and others saying wasting your money, if it had to run on premium or it was much better for the car to run on premium Audi would stipulate that but that's just my opinion.
Glad you getting the car reduced it did seem way over priced to me as well, options took out from the dealer when buying new unfortunately are not passed on to us when it's time to trade it in but then once they have it its the best thing since sliced bread.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”