Service record book

All Audi Q2 related discussions
Jay60hob

Service record book

Post by Jay60hob » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:22 am

Is it right that my new Q2 doesn’t have a service record book? How do you prove service history if selling on later without giving out personal information from a receipt?

IanQ2

Re: Service record book

Post by IanQ2 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:38 pm

Audi stopped using service books a few years back and its now all stored on a central computer system. You can buy a service book if you use an independent garage for services. I believe that you can request a copy of all service history from Audi if/when you want to sell the vehicle to prove what has been carried out. Not sure if Audi would record this in a service book if you requested this, might be worth checking with your local centre.

Delstron

Re: Service record book

Post by Delstron » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:21 pm

When I traded in an A1 at a non-Audi dealer (much better trade in value offered) they were not interested in any audi service printouts, I had to prove it had been serviced by showing the itemised invoice. They did not keep it but may have copied it so it would have address and phone number on.

I would retain all bills, invoices etc. and periodically get an Audi printout of its service record.

Return to “Main Audi Q2 chat”