Oddly mottled window seals

The place to discuss everything else..
golfergirl28

Oddly mottled window seals

Post by golfergirl28 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Just got my Q2. I notice that all the rubber window seals are a mottled grey, black colour. At first I thought it was a pattern! It clearly isn't as the mottling is not consistent. It doesn't look good. Has anybody else experienced this? My A1 didn't have this issue.

dtaylor

Re: Oddly mottled window seals

Post by dtaylor » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Hi... Yes... mine has that too and figured it was due to the quick shine wax that I have apply which is not supposed to come into contact with rubber/trim. Not sure how long it has been like that but not from the start for sure. I only feel it is noticeable close up and never thought much about it.

golfergirl28

Post by golfergirl28 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:29 pm

Hi, thanks for replying. Is it worse on one side than the other? Mine hasn't had any wax applied so it's not that. The side mostly in the sun is worst. That's why I ask if one side is worse than the other. Mine is getting more noticeable and is quite unsightly. Will be contacting garage,

Newsy

Post by Newsy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:55 pm

I have the same problem on my 3 month old 1.4 sport on all rubber window seals be very interested in what the dealer says.

dtaylor

Post by dtaylor » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:01 pm

golfergirl28 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:29 pm
Hi, thanks for replying. Is it worse on one side than the other? Mine hasn't had any wax applied so it's not that. The side mostly in the sun is worst. That's why I ask if one side is worse than the other. Mine is getting more noticeable and is quite unsightly. Will be contacting garage,
Hi... I'd say it is pretty much the same all way round. Didn't give it that much of a thought until you mentioned it... let us know what they say...

sandlc

Post by sandlc » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:25 am

I have a Q2 Edition 1 and same problem showing, but never used wax anywhere near rubber/trim, would be interested to hear what Audi say, initial comments I have are to blame cleaning chemicals, funny how it never did this on our A3 or any other vehicle we use at the same hand car wash.

Enjoy the car but something of a disappointment after only 6 months of ownership.

If anybody gets feedback from Dealer/Audi would be interested to hear their response. Due to speak with our Dealer soon.

Pinksparkles

Post by Pinksparkles » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:09 am

I checked mine yesterday and yes they are mottled! Please let me know what the dealer says!
Proud owner of the Q2 1.4 TFSI Automatic S line in Daytona Grey :lol: endearly nicknamed Kryton!

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”