A very quiet Forum

The place to discuss everything else..
Bigfoot

A very quiet Forum

Post by Bigfoot » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:00 am

Looking at the posts on the site its very quiet not like other forums and there are numerous posts with no replies???? :shock: Whats the reasons :?:

Geh2020

Re: A very quiet Forum

Post by Geh2020 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:42 am

Hi,

Could be everyone is out trying to get rid of Lock Down Belly😆😆😆
2020 Q2 35 tfsi Black Edition s-tronic, Mythos Black and climate control.

Mods so far using Carista, needle sweep on startup.

ormesome

Post by ormesome » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:22 pm

Most forums are to be fair. Only a few die-hard forums for Audi are vibrant, Audi Sport.net is good but only on the A3 section, iv had a few MGs and other brands and the forums vary but it usually points towards how enthusiastic the owners are about their cars. The Q2 is pretty run of the mill really, not much special about it so it reflects on the forum. Also, only a few modify the Q2, so that adds too. As its an SUV it's just not that saught after or "special" enough. I love my Q2 I really do, but I also know that it hasn't won my heart over.... yet!
Audi Q2 1st Edition - 2.0Tdi Quattro - 190bhp - S-Tronic

Geh2020

Post by Geh2020 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:01 am

Hi,

After following a white Sport Q2 last week, my wife said it looked a bit plain and all the SUVs look the same. A little shocked, but she redeemed herself by saying my car in looked ‘slightly‘ better! I decided to prove that’s not the case by looking at the different makes of SUVS on the road hoping to find a counter argument. After several went past, I felt it was time to change the subject and talked about where we are going out to eat! I guess it’s a car that is ‘pigeon holed‘ by many into groups I won’t mention. So as hard as Audi, BMW, Porsche and many others launch performance models to improve the SUV image, it still seen as a bit normal and run of the mill car.

So ormesome, like you, I’m getting to love my Q2 but think this will take some time compared to previous cars I’ve owned.

As to the forum, I’ll keep posting my comments, and I have a few retro-fits I’d like for my Q2, and the car is booked in for ceramic paint treatment, so I’ll update the forum as things progress.

Bigfoot

Post by Bigfoot » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:31 pm

Well I ordered my SQ2 after my test drive and to be honest I loved it, I also drove a Civic Type R and to be honest I was disappointed cheap looking inside with an old fashioned dash. I was surprised as it was the Type R I was really going for as I have had one a few years ago but the SQ2 beat it hands down. Just have to wait until October when it should be built

mr c

Post by mr c » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:49 am

I also think the quietness of this forum refers to owner numbers of the Q2.
We have had ours now two years now so when I joined this forum it really was dead ,so I do not come on hear very often only when an email comes in saying there is a reply to a thread I have been following then I go through and catch up on ones I haven’t read unfortunately it doesn’t take long.

Geh2020

Post by Geh2020 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:30 pm

Hi,

Like a lot of forums, there seems to be more activity when things go wrong with the car or someone has discovered an issue that been overlooked (ignored) and once the issue is posted, this sets off a chain reaction, and the forum lights up! I remember the problems with the DSG gearbox that filled pages and pages on every VW, Audi, Skoda and SEAT forum across the entire planet.

Under the current climate I know people have more important things it to do, but I find the forum helpful and knowing there owners willing to pass on knowledge is great.

I’ve had my Q2 just over six months and all going well, plan to keep it for some time. I will keep.posting to the forum with modifications, dealer visits, any issues, and of course highlight the good bits.

With the facelift coming out very soon I plan to check what’s different and if any of the improvements can be retrofitted to my car. The gear lever is top of my list, but I guess Audi will charge a zillion pounds for it.

Let’s keep the forum going.