Oddly mottled window seals

The place to discuss everything else..
sanaeerumey

Re: Oddly mottled window seals

Post by sanaeerumey » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:24 am

Pinksparkles wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:09 am
I checked mine yesterday and yes they are mottled! Please let me know what the dealer says! https://phenq-reviews.com
It was those kinds which can easily bbe mottled though windows seals :D

pauluk

Post by pauluk » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:21 pm

Mine had this on arrival too. Dealer's explanation was that it was transported from Germany by rail and the stuff on the seals is muck from the train's brakes. They cleaned it off on collection and so far it's not reappeared.

keeper

Post by keeper » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:24 pm

Hello

This is how I cured mine, it looks like the rubber is raw and you need to build up a water resistance in it.

Clean once with Q2M Prep , this is an oil and grease remover.
After each wash dry runners with a fibre cloth.
Treat rubbers with Autoglym Vinyl and rubber care after each wash until you can see the the rubbers look sealed and water now sits on top of the rubbers.
Dry with fibre cloth after washing.

Cheers Phil

Guvnor

Post by Guvnor » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:55 pm

I noticed it on mine when new also, I have wiped it with mentholated sprit or tar and glue remover and dried straight! away with cloth , and it’s all ok now and after washing doesn’t show any more, I didn’t complain as didn’t want new rubbers fitted, think over time it just gets better

DJT

Post by DJT » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:49 pm

I usually wash my cars myself using AutoGlym Bodywork Conditioner shampoo. Not long after taking delivery of my Q2 in 2017 I took it to the local hand car wash, after which the rubber door trims had grey spots all over. I removed them with AutoGlym Vinyl and Rubber Care. The spots have not returned, nor have I been back to the same car wash. I put it down to the pre-wash fluid they sprayed the car with.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”