Audi looking at an A2 city car too

The place to discuss everything else..
Rob
Site Admin

Audi looking at an A2 city car too

Post by Rob » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:13 pm

Audi is preparing to launch a city car — a new youth orientated model that will become its cheapest offering in key global markets, including the UK.

audi-city-car-news-0058.jpg

The compact four-seater is tentatively scheduled for a launch in 2019. It has been conceived to offer a choice of petrol power or electric propulsion, according to Audi sources, who suggest the proposed new entry-level model will be previewed in concept form as early as next year’s Paris motor show.

The city car will be shorter than 4.0 metres in length and will sit below the A1 in an expanded Audi line-up. Its perceived rivals span a diverse range of existing city cars, including the Fiat 500, Smart Forfour and Vauxhall Adam.

At the same time, it will seek to challenge a raft of contemporary electric cars, such as the BMW i3, Renault Zoe and Nissan Leaf.

Source: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-c ... -successor

Britanica

Re: Audi looking at an A2 city car too

Post by Britanica » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:54 am

That is an interesting model. I am not sure I like the design or not. I do but I don't... Like I want to like it but it almost looks and feels like they just smashed down one of their other models.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”