Audi Q2 Forum banner

Really Frustrated with Audi and LED Front Day Lights

20K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Tompi 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I am really frustrated with Audi and if anyone can help or propose ideas let me know.

I ordered my Q2 after several months of waiting and I had every piece of equipment tripple-checked on the online configurator and on the dealer's one.

Audi has this package in the standard equipment of the model I ordered and it's even showing a picture of the. I'm placing some screenshots from the audi.de online configurator, translated to English to expose the problem, which is 100% Audi's mistake.

1) Choosing Halogen headlights: http://prntscr.com/dfq1ro
2) I see this package included: http://prntscr.com/dfq2am which is showing that there are led Daylights included (bigger pic: http://prntscr.com/dfq2tb)

After 1+ month since my order I went to my dealer today and surprise surprise I found out that the LED Daylight lights are not included if you order the Halogen Headlights. You have to order the LED Matrix Headlights to include the LED Daylights.

My order is in 'scheduled' mode so the dealer said he can't change it. So I asked him to speak with the importing company and they should contact Audi's HQs to point out their error, because it misled me to believe I've ordered the LED Daylights (with Halogen as Headlights).

I'm really disappointed with this and I am not sure if they can cancel my order so I can at least place a new one and include the LED Matrix lights.

What do you think?

If anyone here is an Audi employee or exec I'd love to have him contact me. This is is 110% Audi's mistake and now not only will I have to suffer this frustration but I may end up either not getting the car I wanted, paid much to get or (in the best case scenario) I'll have to wait another 1+ month (that has already passed from my placing of the order) for this mess to be fixed.

Any help is appreciated.

PS: My car is scheduled to go in production on Week 50, 2016, which is next week. Anyone with any idea if we still have time to cancel it so I can at least get the car I want? This is soooo frustrating Audi.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes I agree the picture is wrong, I think what you will have are daytime running lights but they are standard and not the fancy looking led ones.

Depends how much a deal breaker it is for you? Perhaps they will throw something in free for their mistake? Or do you REALLY want daytime LED lights? If so your only real option is to cancel with your dealer and start again..

#3 ·
Hey thanks so much for the reply @Rob.

Yeah, I really really wanted the LED Daylights so no free throw-ins will make me happy. Because I'll always look at those old-fashioned Headlights I'll be regretting this.

And it's even worse for me cause it's 100% Audi's fault, not mine. I have been putting my car together for 3 months, checked every little single detail and now turns out audi is selling LED Headlights on its configurator (both dealer and online one) but installing the old-fashioned one.

I would take the cancel and re-order if it's possible, I'll inevitably lose the 1+ month of my up to now waiting to get what I really want. Do you think I can cancel the order Rob or anyone with xp on this?
The dealer was heavily suggesting I don't cancel and he doesn't even know if it's possible. He'll talk to his supervisor from the importing company tomorrow.

Again, the car is scheduled to be produced next week. Anything else I can do you think to make this work?

PS: The mistake seems to be coming from the mother company not the country importer or the dealer, not 100% sure about that but even the audi.de one has the wrong pictures.

#8 ·
A few things:

1) There is no such thing as "Matrix LED lights" for the Q2. It's different than adaptative lights.

2) The only mistake Audi made here was using a picture of the LED system to illustrate the daytime running lights thing. After that, the mistake is yours, even if you had check 3 times before placing the order. You can clearly see the visual difference between the halogen and the LED lighting system.

3) "Because I'll always look at those old-fashioned Headlights I'll be regretting this."
Don't you think you will already look old-fashioned with halogen lightning? Come on! I understand that the LED lights are expensive, but in 2017 you can't choose anything else if you don't want to look old-fashioned. Currently modernity = LED. Even if you would have chose halogen lights + LED daylights (which doesn't exist for the Q2), you would look old-fashioned anyway.

I understand that making mistakes sucks. I also made two mistakes when ordering mine. But in this case, the only error is the wrong picture to illustrate the daylight system. But even with that, you should have catch the difference.

#9 ·
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Suillaudi on this one. And, l don't think the pictures are particularly relevant here. There is nothing in Audi's descriptions that suggest you can choose Halogen headlights +LED daylights. I ordered a Q2 Sport knowing full well that it had Halogens as standard (headlights/daytime), so I was very careful to tick the LED option before submitting the order to my dealer. I hate to say this, but I don't see how this is Audi's fault. Pictures? Hell, I ordered my Q2 in Nano Grey, but the configurator images don't depict this colour (or any other) very accurately. Solution? I asked my dealer to show me a Nano Grey Audi on their forecourt, just to be sure I liked the colour, before ordering!

#10 ·
...yeah the colour thing is pretty complicated. I actually love the Edition 1's Quantum Gray color, but only in a few angles and in advertising and "studio" shots. In real life, most of the time I think it's not vibrant enough (it isn't a metallic color) and it looks more "beige" than gray. Luckily, I saw one or two Q2 in city and could realize that. That's why I went to a more richer and vibrant color like Daytona Gray.
As for Nano Gray, I think it's similar to Quantum but darker. Is it correct?

#sorryfortheofftopic

#12 ·
A7YJJ said:
Yes, nano grey is a little darker (compared to the colour used on the Edition 1). I live in Liverpool and have noticed quite a few Q2's in nano grey on the roads. Actually I think the Q2 looks best in grey (Daytona or Nano) :)
I was almost going to the Coral Blue, I love it. But I was afraid to get bored after a few months or 2/3 years. Such colors are usually trends...

#13 ·
Nano grey is perhaps slightly darker than the Edition 1 colour. It's a matter of personal choice, but I like both Nano and Quantum grey (despite the odd look of the former on the Edition 1, under certain lighting conditions). In general I think almost any grey colour looks just fine on the Q2. Not very keen on black, red, or orange!

#14 ·
I had a similar issue with my TT Quattro that came with out the LED Drls but my dealer Leeds Audi let me reject the car and I ordered again the brochure showed the Quattro with LED it didn't say you had to have the bi Zennons I didn't know until the car arrived at the dealers I had to wait the full 26 week build Time for the replacement but I could keep the one I rejected until it arrived the only downside was they asked me not to go over 1000 mile but it did 2000 and it was not an issue when it was returned I still Have my TT and Now the q2 S Line Quattro just Arrived at My local Audi today pick it up Monday Replacement for the 6 month old S1 that some idiot tried unsuccessfully to steal

#15 ·
You are so right., I also been cheated from AUDI CYPRUS. I feel so pissed off that I actually feel like a jerk buying an AUDI.
Although in all material they advertise the daytime lights in reality there is NO such thing on the car.
Shame on them cause I paid them in cash without any problems. And in any case they said that made a huge discount.
Another lie from them cause one of my colleagues had an offer for Q3 with a discount without any efford!!!

BE CAREFULL PEOPLE FROM AUDI. THEY TRY TO CHEAT YOU!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.