Audi Q2 Forum banner

Annoying rattle

21K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Moebius 
#1 ·
My car developed an annoying faint rattle during it's first motorway trip. Hard to pin point but seems to be coming from inside the drivers door. Very annoying, occurs when driving over bumpy tarmac or when playing heavy bass through the speakers.

I intend to bring it up with the dealer under warranty but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced the same or similar?

#2 ·
I had a very bad rattle in the tailgate, only on very rough roads, Dealer dealt with it under warranty, also a rattle in the sunroof in the vented position, Dealer is awaiting parts and it will go back in for that, nothing from the doors.

#7 ·
The only sound that I now have is a buzz from the front passenger door handle. Move it even slightly and it disappears so I just wedged in a small piece of rubber as I couldn't figure out how to remove the door panel and check if it's a loose spring, or whatever. Overall though, the car is remarkably rattle-free after 15 months.

#8 ·
Q2owner said:
Craig5790 said:
My car developed an annoying faint rattle during it's first motorway trip. Hard to pin point but seems to be coming from inside the drivers door. Very annoying, occurs when driving over bumpy tarmac or when playing heavy bass through the speakers.

I intend to bring it up with the dealer under warranty but I'm curious if anyone else has experienced the same or similar?
My car has exactly the same symptoms, was it repaired ??
The dealer had the door card off and apparently couldn't hear the noise on a test drive afterwards, but after picking the car up the rattle is still there :(
It goes if I push lightly on the door card.

#10 ·
My Q2, 1.4 TFSi s-tronic developed an annoying rattle, mainly at low speeds in town, particularly on rough surfaces. It started at around 5,000 miles. It was constant and very annoying. Turns out it was the brake pads in the front and Audi have now installed some gaskets or similar and all seems fine. I'm sure I cannot be alone with this issue so if anyone has a similar problem, my experience may help.

#14 ·
Jim D said:
My Q2, 1.4 TFSi s-tronic developed an annoying rattle, mainly at low speeds in town, particularly on rough surfaces. It started at around 5,000 miles. It was constant and very annoying. Turns out it was the brake pads in the front and Audi have now installed some gaskets or similar and all seems fine. I'm sure I cannot be alone with this issue so if anyone has a similar problem, my experience may help.
how did the fix it jim ?

#15 ·
Jim D said:
Hey, Jim, I have the same problem. Could you possibly post a photo with those gaskets? In my case, the employees in the shop told me it's normal, that the brake pads are fine and so are the brake calipers. I don't know what to do, the rattle is very annoying.
I'm sure that the brake calipers and the brake pads are the problem because they make the same noise when I kick the front wheels with my foot

#16 ·
Hi .
I also had this annoying rattle from the rear seat area. After reading is post ,I started to look more, with no luck . Following an earlier post , I used some electric tape around the read 'U' seat clip ,that are attach to the side s, used to put rear seat into 60-30 or full flat . Result no more rattle .I appears the metal on metal was the slight noise at low speed , un even roads .

#17 ·
I have a 2020 Q2 purchased from Audi Australia which has a noise (not a rattle more a whistle sound) coming from front left of car at low speed when cornering (mostly but sometimes going straight after cornering). Audi Australia have replaced 2 clutches and brake pads in an attempt to fix it and now have decided denying there is a noise is their new plan as they can't fix it. Obviously going to have to go down the legal route as I can't sell it and can't live with it either. Audi have had this Q2 in their repair centre more than I have driven it. Very disappointing as I love the car. Has anyone had a similar problem?

#18 ·
OK … So I had the same problem so I came here looking for a solution. The rattle WAS coming from my rear door … I tried pushing the door panel but this didn’t fix the problem. Then it occurred to me I hadn’t wound my rear window down in a long while so…., I pressed the button to lower the window. I did this twice and the problem is GONE. Full BASS, no rattle what so ever. It sounds perfect.

I made an account on this forum just to share this fix. Hope it helps somebody cause it was so simple.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.