Audi Q2 Forum banner

Tyre Pressure Indicator

20K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  CNC 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum, though I used it when I was deciding to get my Q2 :D I'm having an issue with my tyre pressure indicator coming on at the slightest change of pressure in the front two tyres. Just wondering if anyone is having the same issue? FWIW, I've had 2 punctures in the last 8 weeks for which I've had to get new tyres, and now the pressure indicator is coming on every few days. I check it, it's barely (if at all) changed, so I add a little air and save the new pressures. Just seems a tad over-sensitive. Thanks :)

#3 ·
I have had a couple of phantom messages from this system, one on my last car a Q3 and once on my present Q2, on both occasions I was on a long run (4 hours). Each time a checked the tyres, no problem, except they were warm, and reset the system, this seemed to solve the problem. Checked with my dealer who told me that if it re-occurred they would check it out but if not it was 'just one of those things'.

The system does not work on tyre pressure but on wheel rotation sensed by the ABS, the tyre change seems to have upset the system, on the assumption the tyres are correct and balanced, suggest you get it checked by the dealer,

#6 ·
Product Font Material property Temperature Communication Device

On the label above you can see underlined:

In RED - FRONT tyre pressure in PSI on the left and REAR on the right for normal load -

In BLUE - FRONT tyre pressure in PSI on the left and REAR on the right for Fully loaded, passengers and bags

In GREEN the Emergency Tyre Pressure (if you have one)

Hope that helps, yours may be different depending on what wheel/tyre combination is fitted to the car. Mines a 1.4 TFSI S Tronic Sport

Attachments

#9 ·
That is a copy of your cars VIN, on the A pillar, have a look on the door edge under the lock, the chart you need should be there, if not contact your dealer as it should have been fitted at PDI, as each plate is individual to the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.