Audi Q2 Forum banner

brake discs

13K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Stuart31 
#1 ·
hi,
car just out of garage for a service ,mechanic has said the rear discs are pitted and marked,any ideas on this matter.
as the car is only 2 years old and only done 10,000 miles.any input appreciated

#2 ·
Not an uncommon problem on Audi vehicles. Most common reason given by Audi is corrosion due to lack of use or salt used by councils to prevent ice and not a manufacturing defect or a quality issue with materials used. This of course is nonsense as most owners will know brake discs should be good for several years of service under normal operating conditions.

#3 ·
If I find my brake discs are pitted after 2 years and only 10,000 I think I will remove them and the merchanic at Audi will be wearing them over his head, sounds utter nonsense to me get a second opinion and if that is right demand new ones it's hardley a consumable item.

#8 ·
I have a November 66 Q2 TSi and I have covered 22,000 miles. Before the car had covered 20,000 both my rear discs had become corroded across half their width. Two local Audi dealerships claimed it was 'fair wear and tear' which is clearly ludicrous. Talking up the issue Audi UK has so far proved utterly pointless. The reply to my correspondence merely trotted out the same explanation and their reply was both rude and arrogant, basically implying that I should go away and not waste their time. I am in the process of arranging an independent automotive engineer to undertake a complete strip down of the rear pads, calliper and discs to which I have offered Audi an opportunity to attend. If their report indicates there is a fundamental fault with the brakes or the materials used I intend to invite Audi again to replace the faulty parts at their expense.

#11 ·
ok guys ,got in touch with garage ,no reply from general manager just received e-mail from mechanic ,all he did was quote "near as damn it "the comment i got from audi uk."almost word for word" to say i was disappointed at the replies was an understatement .
so i guess i'll have to live with that,again i think this situation should never arose in the first place with a pretty new car.
have to seriously think about my next car ,and what dealership to get it from.
thanks to all who posted

#12 ·
Luke 1957 I have just had exactly the same issue as you on my car 2 years old and 11000 miles done. They are digging their heels in and saying I must pay for replacements. They have however confirmed that the battery is faulty and they will replace but the brakes issue and cost (£380) to remedy if you use an Audi dealer is ridiculous. Have had 4 Audis before this one all with a much higher mileage and no issue with brakes ( or battery ) so this must be a fault or a cheaper part than in other models. Will seriously consider this situation before buying another Audi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.