Audi Q2 Forum banner

Quattro discontinued

13K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  andy.h 
#1 ·
Having ordered a 2.0 petrol Quattro in September, with as many bells and whistles as exist, I have now discovered that Q2 Quattros are chopped. I am assured my car will arrive on schedule in March but I am confused and annoyed that nobody at Audi HQ or my Hatfield dealers could be honest with me that I have ordered a now discontinued line. I had to go to Whatcar to prise out the news.

I placed a £1000 deposit. I am worried now that my new car may more rapidly lose value than projected. Especially as it is likely that it carries no brand new emissions certification.

Any ideas?

#3 ·
Any car produced now has to have the new emissions certificate, WLTP to be precise, regardless of when it was ordered. Your car WILL have the new WLTP cert, Audi wouldn't be able to make it without it!! In fact, google Audi and WLTP problems and you will see many models have been delayed. Expect yours to be too unless the 2.0 petrol engine meets requirements quickly. Probably one reason the Quattro system has been scrapped?

#5 ·
The Quattro system hasn't been scrapped, Audi just haven't haven't made the 'new' WTLP certified system available for new orders in the UK.
Audi are honouring all Quattros ordered prior to them removing the option.

The Quattro version is available for order In Germany (unsurprisingly) which shows they have done the necessary testing and certification. Also, the SQ2 will be using the same engine, but more highly tuned. Again this is already available for order In Germany.

I'm collecting my 2.0 TFSI Quattro S Line next Saturday. I ordered it in October.
Even if Audi decide not to re-introduce the Quattro to the UK market I'm not concerned. I think it will make the resale value better due to its 'rarity'.

#8 ·
Hi Andy,
Could you please clarify what Trim levels get this option, as I cannot see it on the configurator.
It is back on again, starting with the Sport 35 TDI. Quattro 2.0, but you need to move up to R Line for the petrol 40 TSFI Quattro. I'm happy with my Sport Trim, but not keen on having a diesel TDi.
Neither do I want a black interior, or the extra cost of the R Line.
Could be tempted by a 35 (1.5) Quattro if it exists, my present 1.4 Is remarkably fast for its size.
There is a need to wait before changing until I stop reading adverse comments about the 1.5 engine, including with DSG. The T roc, Skoda and Seat forums are awash with it at the moment
So if you could update me with a bit more info I would be grateful

2017 Audi Q2 Glacier White. 1.4 TSFI DSG Manhatton Grey blades. Park Assist. Climate control. Brushed Ali inlays instead of red. 2 zone climate control. Side and rear cross traffic assist. Flat bottomed steering wheel. LED lights. Folding mirrors. Spare wheel. Privacy Glass

#9 ·
Hi Daytel,
As far as I can see you are correct about the engine & trim combinations that are available with Quattro transmissions.
I can't see anything about a 1.5 petrol Quattro Q2 but I think you can get a Skoda Karoq 1.5 petrol 4x4 so possibly in the future it might be added to the Q2 range.

#10 ·
Thanks Andy,
I suppose the T Roc 4Motion 1.5 would be close, but mixed feelings about the T Roc in general.
Matt Watson from Car Wow does a good review of one side by side with a Q2 on You Tube.
Were Audi to introduce a 1.5 Quattro in the future it is sure to have the phrase 'only available with.......' but we will see.

#11 ·
I looked at the T Roc before ordering my Q2, it's a nice car but I just didn't like the quality of the dash board, it looks like it's made from melted down wheelie bins, there is to much hard plastic. In my opinion it doesn't have the quality of other VW's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.