Audi Q2 Forum banner

Alloys on edition 1

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Alimack 
#1 ·
Anyone else own an edition 1? My 17 plate alloys have begun to oxidise? I think that's the right word, and parts have begun to bubble, discolour and flake off. Has anyone else got this issue?

Took in to Audi today they said would likely replace one wheel under warranty, but the wheel where it has begun to flake off they are saying they don't do a I have damaged it myself, which is not the case as can be clearly seen it is flaking off.

So yes just wondering if anyone else has had the issue and what to do about it really. Thank you

I'll try and upload some pictures later

#3 ·
Mine are ok so far but i expect this might happen in the future. I have scratched and dented the hell out of mine. I came from an A3 with 17inch alloys that could withstand anything. These rotor alloys seem like butter. On youtube, there are some guides that seem each-ish to DIY refurbish them. I'm going to do this soon. it might help you to do a DIY refurb in the future to stop flaking.

This guide is excellent for home refurb:
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/diy-diamond-cut-alloy-refurb.276580/

Couple of videos to help:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.