Audi Q2 Forum banner

Edition 1

56K views 57 replies 15 participants last post by  IAmSophia 
#1 ·
#31 ·
little update

I have been busy working out a solution to get the TTRS/R8 steering wheel to work in the Q2 and all buttons function. I have a donor wheel and airbag ready to go, just need to get the buttons and make it all work next. The LED's will be changed to white to match the rest of the Q2 interior (they are red in the TT)

I will carbon the top and bottom of the wheel then retrim the sides. The airbag was fully stripped down to paint the Audi rings and outer trim ring.

Attachments

#32 ·
I have also been busy trimming the interior panels (A, B and C and then headliner and sun visors) in Dinamica which is like an Alcantara material as found from factory on the higher models. It is the same material that the door cards, gear gaiter and knee pads are trimmed in.

Attachments

#37 ·
I have been trimming the lower kick panel plastics in Dinamica, still got the b pillar ones to do but the rest are all done.

I will move onto the lower dash section next.

The aim is to get rid of as much plastic as possible and have a far nicer interior.

Attachments

#38 ·
Also almost ready to fit my R8 steering wheel. Its missing its start/stop and drive select buttons in the picture along with the lower trim but its all done now ready to go in.

I have done the top, bottom and the full rear in carbon. Sides have been retrimmed in nappa with a tan stitch to match the OEM trim.

The silver trim that is normal to the wheel has been painted Audi Manhattan Grey which is the same colour as the arches/lower bumpers on the Edition 1

Attachments

#39 ·
Love this thread on what you have done, I see your seat belts are a tan colour to match the leather inlays on the seats are they original? I have the Edition 1 and my belts are black.
I think what you done with the Dinamica is amazing the door cards on our Q2' s for a premium brand is shocking and really cheap.

#40 ·
Thank you

The belts are aftermarket, they were re-webbed by FDTS Seatbelts. A simple modification that lifts the interior.

The Q2 is such a plastic cabin from factory, I just couldn't live with it standard. Its getting to how I want it now though.

#41 ·
Another update: I sold my old 20" wheels earlier in the year and picked up a set of OEM Audi E-Tron 21" wheels.

These are huge but I always wanted a set of 21" wheels on the Q2 especially with it being on air suspension. I appreciate it wont be to most peoples taste but I have built it for me and how I want.

The wheels are 21x9.5 et36 with 235/30/21 tyres.

Attachments

#43 ·
Lockdown has given me the opportunity to finally finish fitting the R8 steering wheel.

After working on some complex electronics it now all functions, the start stop does what is says and starts and stops the engine, drive select works and also controls the active exhaust, all buttons work and the Lamborghini Urus paddles also fully function.

Air vent trims have also been painted Manhattan Grey to tie in with the Edition 1 bodykit which is the same colour the trim on the steering wheel is painted.

Attachments

#45 ·
mr c said:
Brilliant as usual, didn't know you had an active exhaust fitted.
I would love to have one of them on my Alpha Spider it's the 2.2 petrol but has 4 tailpipes from stock so looks the part but could do with a nicer exhaust note.
Yes I have a Kufatec active exhaust, It only has the one sound can as I can not find enough room on the driver side to fit another given the AdBlue tank is behind the rear wheel.

I have a custom rear diffuser based on the A6 one with twin exhaust tips to fit when I get a chance so ideally would like sound from both tips but its not looking likely.

Its a great piece of kit and its customisable via an app

#49 ·
Second that spot on, although the part I don't like is the air lift suspension ironically the purpose of the photo shoot.
Don't rant at me i am 63 so each to there own, I just think when it's off or should I say slammed down 😂 to me it looks like it has four flat tyres.
But if we all liked the same things life would be a shade boring.

I think what you have done to the interior ect is stunning, any more plans although there can't be much left you could do?
My sole effort to ours apart from the rear view camera ( which wast done by me) I have just purchased some Auto Glyn ceramic coat, apparently it's for novices, don't get me wrong I know how to look after the paintwork with polishes and waxes ect but from what I have read it's not for the faint hearted.
I don't know weather it's the type of paint they use on the grey on our cars but it really shines, I have had loads of comets about it so well pleased with it.

Keep up the good work 👍

#50 ·
Its not a problem mr c, each to their own and I appreciate your comments. Its either a love or hate look, it does have its practicalities though having the ability to raise or lower the vehicle to factory height or right down to the floor or anywhere in between.

I have plenty of other changes planned, its more if I ever get them finished.

My trimmer has the plastic under the steering wheel and glove box lid to trim along with the lower dash section but I might pull the plug on this as he has too much work to do at present and I am considering a house move so the car stuff may be on hold.

I also have another centre console to either do in carbon or trim in dinamica (alcantara), and the front seat base plastics which are 80% complete in carbon fibre.

I am currently almost finished the rear diffuser. It is custom made by me and is a mix of original Q2 and A6 (including the exhaust tips) with added fins all carbon skinned. Just need to tweak the final fitment and have the exhaust pipes made up. In the pictures the final fitment had not been worked on so it was slightly out but that's 99% sorted now.

Attachments

#51 ·
Don't think I have posted pictures if the b pillar lower plastics trimmed yet. These parts are pretty tricky given the complex shapes but my trimmer (Kish Trimming) got it spot on. It really picks up the quality feel of the car.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.